How can I create a personal buddy list for each user?

How can I create a personal buddy list?

User A with friends:

• User B

• User C

User B with friends:

• User C

User C with friends:

• User A

All users can see her friends under the group XYZ but they can’'t manage this group.

I test it with groups / shared rosters but I haven’'t success.

Anybody any idea?

Thanks!

Hi,

I did never heard of shared rosters, but normal rosters should be the right place for personal buddy lists. Shared groups are not useful for personal buddy lists.

LG

And how can I setup this?

I need this feature: After first login of a user he can see all her friends.

Can I setup this in the database?

Hi,

there is the registration plugin which may not help you to get this done, but it could be a good point to extend it to do this.

But I wonder where you did store the friends of each user. The server can’'t know this.

You can also use SQL to modify the roster but you should take some care to update all neccessary tables and then purge the Wildfire database cache.

LG

Thanks…

the reason is I have a database with buddy list of each user and the users can now use the IM server but they can don’'t change the buddy list in e.g. spark.

Can I create for each user in the buddy list an entry in the database table jiveRoster and also for every entry in jiveRoster an entry in the table jiveRosterGroups with the same groupName? Is this the right way?

BTW where can I find any documentation about table fields like sub, ask, etc…?

And my last question for now: How can I purge the Wildfire database cache? ok. I can restart the server but it isn’'t useful

Hi,

http://www.jivesoftware.org/builds/wildfire/docs/latest/documentation/database-g uide.html describes the simple schema, and as no foreign keys are used you may want to take a look at the jiveid table, maybe the counters in it must also be changed if you modify jiveroster.

/system-cache.jsp (Cache Summary) offers you to purge the caches. I assume that you need to purge the User Group Cache but I’'m not sure.

LG

Hi,

I am looking for the solution too.

a.) Group seems not the correct way since user a,b,c can see each other.

b.) I am not sure how to manage the OPEN SOURCE wildfire in terms of roster. anyone know any document regard the roster?

c.) So, any hint/plug-in/idea/path regard the Contact List management will be greatly appreciately.

Thanks to alll

Hi,

I am looking for the solution too.

a.) Group seems not the correct way since user

a,b,c can see each other.

This is a know bug, see JM-701

Bye

Starry

is anyone know at least where the contact list was stored?

thanks

With using jiveRoster and jiveRosterGroups DB tables it works… But a the moment I have the problem I a user change the presence the other user can’'t see this change until he logout and login again.

Anybody know what’'s my fault??

Thanks!

Let say

1.) Boss_A can see Worker_1 and Worker_2

2.) Worker_1 and Worker_2 can see the Boss_A

3.) But Worker_1 should not see Worker_2.

How can it be done in Roster?

Thanks.

This article seems answer my own question

http://www.jabber.org/user/userguide/#roster

In Jabber, the list of people you’‘ve subscribed to is called your roster (in other IM services this is called a contact list or buddy list). If you’'re just starting out in Jabber, you might only have a few people in your roster (perhaps a friend or co-worker who convinced you to give it a try). At the other end of the spectrum are friendly Jabber fanatics who have hundreds of people in their rosters!

Once you have more than a few people in your roster, you’'ll want to manage how your roster appears. One way to do this in Jabber is by setting up groups. For instance, you might want to have roster groups for friends, co-workers, and so on. You have total control over the groups in your roster, and each contact can be in one or more of your roster groups.

Each Jabber client handles groups in a slightly different way. For instance, often you can drag and drop a contact from one group to another. To create a new group you may need to select a specific contact in your roster and change which group they are in. In Exodus you do this by right-clicking the contact in your roster and selecting the Properties option, then the Groups tab, whereas in Gabber you do it by right-clicking the contact in your roster and selecting the Edit Groups option:

In the normal jabber, the user list was store in /var/lib/jabber/hostname/airforce1.xml

Wounder where is this file store in the wildfire. Anyone?

Thanks all

YEAH, finally found the solution.

Nothing to do with the Registration Plug In.

The major Trick is.

1. Roster means “Contact List” in Jabber. These 2 are identical item.

2. A technical from ryan.

http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?threadID=15442

3. Most important, need to restart the wildfire[/b] server in order to update the user “contact/roster list”.

Of course, user need to logout at the moment when the wildfire server was restart.

I am using the beta 3.0 version. Hopefully someone can told me how to update the contact list without restart the wildfire.

Message was edited by: airforce1

With using jiveRoster and jiveRosterGroups DB tables

it works… But a the moment I have the problem I a

user change the presence the other user can’'t see

this change until he logout and login again.

Anybody know what’'s my fault??

Thanks!

ok I found the settings:

• Anyone - Anyone may get presence information.

• Subscribed - Presence information is only visibile to authorized users.

If I set this to anyone it works but why not with subscribed??

a new question

seems not too many ppl interest in this Topic. Anyway, I have create a User Interface with Ajax + JSP (Should be able to modify to PHP yourself easily with knowledge of PHP) for Manage the User Roster List.

It can.

1. Display all the avaliable Jabber User.

2. Display and list the Partical User’'s contact List.

3. Add User into contact list

4. Delete user from contact list.

However, it require to restart the Wildfire after modify the Contact/Roster List.

Please EMAIL me if needed.