How do chat requests get routed to group members?

It seems like a chat request that gets rejected by an openfire workgroup member does not bounce to another group member.

I’m not sure how the routing of chat requests works, but it seems once a request goes to one workgroup member, the request sticks with that member.

Specifically, I have this example from one of the folks I support with Openfire Enterprise and Spark:

“… I was just testing the live chat from the customer side to see if Michele and I can both respond to the customer. I got the request first, rejected it assuming Michele would get the request next. With in a couple seconds it appeared on my machine again. I let the time run out and that didn’t work either. Michele couldn’t get the request. Is this something that we will be able to do? We need the ability if someone is not available to accept the conversation that another representative can take it.”

Thanks for any info on this!

Hey Mike,

The use case you’re discribing, where a request will go from one agent to the next until it is handled, or times out, is how fastpath is supposed to operate. In your example, if I received a fastpath request, and rejected it, the request should go to the next agent. Would you ask your users if there is any change if they let the request time out locally, instead of cancling it? Also if the request time out for the queue is met, the request will not bounce to the next agent.

If you have questions on any of this, please let me know.

~Sean

Thank you for the update.

According to the end users, even if they ignore the request and allow it to time out, the chat request does not go another member of the work group.

Once a workgroup member gets a request, they always get the request, it seems.

Our request timeout was set to only 60 seconds, 'tho.

I pushed that up to 1200 seconds; I’m waiting to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Mike