How do I stop typing interruptions when being Sparked?

We are running Spark 2.6.3 at our office and EVERYONE is having the same frustration in this version (with upgraded Windows). When typing, in any program but especially in e-mail or notes (which we use heavily at our company), if we are Sparked by someone our typing suddenly stops in the field we are in (email, notes, any of our loan programs) and we are typing in the Spark reply field or not at all.

How do we disable this annoying feature and be allowed to just continue our work to answer the Spark on our own time/terms? Right now it’s as if someone suddenly jumped out in front of you - concentration is lost, thoughts are scattered.

-Tiffany

This is a bug in Java 6 JRE (Spark is a Java application, so it is affected by Java bugs). It was fixed in Java 7 JRE. I don’t remember and can’t test right now if Spark 2.6.3 version works with Java 7+, but you can test it yourself, but installing Oracle’s Java 8 JRE on one of the computers (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.h tml - jre-8u5-windows-i586.exe), then remove C:\Program files\Spark\jre folder (stop Spark before). Run the Spark. If it is not running, then you will have to use the latest 2.7.0 nightly builds, which are working with Java 7+ and actually have it bundled in the installer (Java 1.7.0_51).

Also, with Spark 2.6.3, if you have Java 6 JRE installed on a system, it will use that Java 6 even if you install Java 7 along and you will still have this bug.

Spark 2.7.0 latest: http://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/artifact/SPARK-INSTALL4J/shared/build-665/Insta ll4j/spark_2_7_0_665.exe

I’m in the same way Tiffany, I will test with Spark 2.7.0 because in my company, install java7 don’t olve the problem.

I have installed the version of Spark 2.7.0, and I have updated java version. The problem is solved on Win7, but on Windows XP there is the same problem. I have hope something else ?

I think someone else also reported this issue on Windows XP with Java 7. Probably Java 7 behaves differently on Windows XP. I can’t reproduce such issue. Actually it is hard to reproduce with a virtual machine on one computer. I don’t have Windows XP anywhere else to test. Windows XP is not supported and old OS, so there will be less support for it in Spark and other software eventually.

Ok, if I can help you on something else to solve the problem, let me known.

You can give me procedure to test or other to do

I have tested on another PC, and it’s works.

1-Uninstall all versions of Java

2-Uninstall Spark 2.6.3

3-Install Java 7u60

4-Restart the PC

5-Install Spark 2.7.0 online version https://igniterealtime.org/builds/spark/dailybuilds/spark_2_7_0_665_online.exe

I will try on others PC to confirm that.

It don’t work on another PC

I’m Lost …

Why don’t you want to use the full installer? It has java 7 included.

I have tried the full installer on the first PC with an additionnal installation of java 7 in case of. It on’t Work.

So I tested the installation that I have described and which works on a second PC (with minimal instalaltion of spark)

After I’m returning on the first PC, do the same things, and it don’t work.