How limit user with LDAP authentication?

Hi.

I installed wildfire with LDAP authentication. Now, I like restrict which user can logged to WildFire.

So, I like search only in users permit, not all user’'s LDAP.

I believe that is with Filter Group, but I don’'t know how?

Can anyone help me?

Yep, what you want is definitely possible using the LDAP group or user filter functionality.

If you give me an idea of what you want to limit by in your LDAP schema, I can help you construct the filter.

Graeme

Thanks fot your reply , I’'m implementing wildfire in a big organization with more than 2000 users , but I would like to restrict that only users in a especific group can use the jabber , the name of the group in the windows domain is “jabber” , I was reading the LDAP guide and I saw this option “groupSearchFilter”, but I need help building the filter.

My idea is to limit the ldap search on ly to users that are members of that group.

Ok, what you probably want is the user[/i] filter, not the group filter. The group filter modifies which groups are valid for use in Wildfire, whereas the user filter modifies which users are allowed to connect.

Here’‘s what I’‘d use for Active Directory, assuming your group is at the top level of your LDAP structure. If it’‘s in an OU or something similar, you’‘ll have to insert that into the “memberOf=” section, and if you’‘re not using ActiveDirectory, you’'ll probably want to change “sAMAccountName” to “uid”.

Graeme

It worked great!

Thank you

I’‘m essentially trying to do the same thing. I created a group called “IM” which is a security group running on SBS 2003. The problem is, with my current config, it’‘ll only allow two users to connect, which are both members of domain admins group. Here’'s my config file:

Anybody have any suggestions on how to modify my config file for this to work properly?

HI

I’‘ve configured Settings in XML file, it’'s wokring able to see all user & groups from Domain but EXODUS clinet is not able to connect. gving an error messege Authenticating[/b]

Please help me below the logs…

2006.02.05 12:49:18 [org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQAuthHandler.handleIQ(IQAuthHandler.java:9 0)

] Error during authentication. Session not found in messengerhyd.nipunaservices.com/e7ef5844 for key messengerhyd.nipunaservices.com/e7ef5844

2006.02.05 12:49:18 [org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:145)

] Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/172.18.31.199,port=4794,localport=5269]

2006.02.05 12:49:19 [org.jivesoftware.messenger.server.ServerDialback.createOutgoingSession(ServerD ialback.java:194)

] Error creating outgoing session to remote server: nipunaservices.com(DNS lookup: nipunaservices.com)

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.(Unknown Source)

at javax.net.DefaultSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.server.ServerDialback.createOutgoingSession(ServerDi alback.java:130)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.server.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outg oingServerSession.java:157)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.RoutingTableImpl.getRoute(RoutingTableImpl.java: 92)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketPacketWriteHandler.process(SocketPacketWri teHandler.java:52)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.PacketDelivererImpl.deliver(PacketDelivererImpl. java:48)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:50)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:213)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:73)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.PacketRouter.route(PacketRouter.java:65)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.processIQ(SocketReader.java:258)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.ClientSocketReader.processIQ(ClientSocketReader. java:43)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:230)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:111)

Hi,

I’'ve seen that you did post this question more than once in some threads which were already answered. To get (better) help it is recommended to open a new thread, so the members see a new, unanswered question.

The log shows “java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect” so the server is failing to create a remote connection to another server. I can’'t resolve “nipunaservices.com” while “www.nipunaservices.com” is resolvable. This could be the problem. Or this is a firewall issue.

LG

Hi Thanks for your update.

After configuring LDAP for Jive messenger, I am able to see all AD user in Admin Consloe. but my problem is EXDOUS Clinets not able to connect. Authentication failed…

Please help me…

Reg/.Vinayak