How to clean user's dead cache

Hi guys,

We are using openfire for have half year, currently we found there is an issue is a user listed a lot of session in our contact. Like if I use my mouse point a user which have this issue, there are 7 status listed and each status has different resource ID, and actually the user already exit in their box. And in server side, the session actually is not in active list. So I don’t know how to kick the user out.

I think there is some cache saved in server, so I tried clean the cache in cache summary, but seems doesn’t work. Then I tried restart the openfire service then the issue fixed. but I just want to know if there is an better solution for it? I don’t want to restart my openfire server every week.

Thanks.

Are you using Pidgin client? Then it is probably this bug [OF-829] Ghost sessions left on a server when using Pidgin client - Jive Software Open Source which is still open.

Thanks and yes, we’re in Pidgin client, seems there is no solution can fix it now? And only Pidgin client have this issue?

So far it was only reported for Pidgin as this is the only known client to generate Resource randomly on login. There is a workaround to set the Resource to some static value, so it would kick out the stale sessions when logging back.

[OF-829] Ghost sessions left on a server when using Pidgin client - Jive Software Open Source

Should be fixed at openfire 4.0.2

Thanks, we upgraded our server to 4.0.2.