How to create a list of reserved nicknames?

Hello All,

Any one knows how to create a list of reserved nicknames in Wildfire?

-T

Hi,

would you please explain your use case? I can give you three options which may be all not what you really need.

You may use the web admin gui to create the users before you make your server public, as long as only you knows the password the nicknames are reserved.

You could also disable inband account creation, so no one except the administrator is able to create users.

Or you write a server plugin which intercepts inband account creation and blocks a list of usernames.

LG

Hi,

My issue here is the nickname that is used when a user wants to chat in a room (MUC), I want to have list of reserved nicknames (i.e. admin) not JIDs

-T

Hi,

so you may want to write a plugin which intercepts all (or if there is a way to limit it for MUC and name change packets then only those) packets and makes sure that certain MUC name changes are denied.

The content filter plugin may be a good starting point if you have some experience in coding.

This could also be a feature request, maybe Gato creates a JM issue, so Jivesoftware would solve this issue for you.

If you want this to be solved quick anyhow you may want to look for commercial support[/url],

LG