How to create build out of the Openfire source?

I’ve source, I’ve build.xml and build.properties.template but, i need to create a build out of it. The vocabulary of the ‘targets’ in the ant is a little confusing. Can you please guide me through the process of creating build out of the source.

Hi,

you may want to use the default Openfire target. Are you using an IDE like Eclipse and did you read the setup guide in the documents section?

LG

yes, I read the setup guide. I’ve ran the server and got the results. But, the problem is not running the project. I need to create a installation file out the source, so that other team members can install it on their systems.

Hi,

there are some “installer” options. Anyhow I did never use them and I really wonder why you need more than one custom server for development.

LG

Ok. I see your point. But, which folders should i move from my local machine to the actual server where the development happens. Thanks for your prompt repleys.

Could I get some help on the folders. Which folders should i move from my local machine to the actual server where the development happens?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

as long as you only change the code you only need to distribute lib/openfire.jar. If you modify also the admin console then you need also plugins/admin/ and you may need to copy the plugins folder.

It works fine to install 3.4 and then overwrite the newly built files, I usually do it this way as it is quite faster.

LG