How to enable video conference in asmack using openfire server with jitsi video bridge plugin installed?

I just created an messaging app in android by using asmack xmpp client library and openfire as my xmpp server. I want to develop this app by adding a video conference feature in it. Given that I am using asmack and openfire, I do a research on how can I add a video conference in my application but still its not very clear to me. I having a hard time to find a guide for which I can learn how to implement a video conference feature on my app. I already installed the jitsi video brige on my openfire server but I don’t know how to enable its video conferencing feature. Is there any available tutorial/walkthrough/documentation for this one? I am really confused.

You have three choices

1. Use android build of webrtc and any suitable jingle java library to talk directly between users for one to one video or talk to jitsi videobridge for multi user video

2. Use jitsi libjitsi media library with jitsi jingle library to do the same. Look at jitsi android client source code for ideas

3. Use JavaScript to build web app for chrome browser and launch it from your android app.

1 Like

Thanks Mr. Dele, I really appreciate your response! I will try to study these choice and see what’s the perfect one for me. Thank you very much!

Hello sir, is this the right way of building webrtc for android? pristineio/webrtc-build-scripts · GitHub

Hello sir, is this the right way of building webrtc for android? pristineio/webrtc-build-scripts · GitHub