How to get ownerInfo of a passwordProtectedRoom?

help me!

I have creat a password protected room,other people can search the room,but they dont’'t entry. I hope the person who want to entry the room can get the Owener/Admin infomation of the room.

how to get the owner infomation?

jushua,

I have creat a password protected room,other people

can search the room,but they dont’'t entry.

So the room is password-protected and public. Since this is a password-protected room the users need to provide the correct password to join the room.

I hope the

person who want to entry the room can get the

Owener/Admin infomation of the room.

how to get the owner infomation?

Which information are you referring to?

Regards,

– Gato

Message was edited by: dombiak_gaston

dombiak_gaston

Thanks for your help.

Yes,users can list rooms name but they don’'t join if they have not been invited.I think in this way,if user can get XMPP address of the room-owner,they can send a message to room-owner,the room-owner decides whether to let this user join the room or not,if allow the user join,the owner send a invite to him.

but i don’‘t know how to get the room-owner’'s XMPP address.How should i do?

jushua,

Yes,users can list rooms name but they don’'t join if

they have not been invited.

It appears that your room is also a members-only room. This means that you cannot enter the room unless you are in the member list.

FYI, only users that are allowed to change the member list can send invitations. Depending on the MUC implementation (server side) when you send an invitation, the invitee may be added to the members list.

I think in this way,if

user can get XMPP address of the room-owner,they can

send a message to room-owner,the room-owner decides

whether to let this user join the room or not,if

allow the user join,the owner send a invite to him.

but i don’‘t know how to get the room-owner’'s XMPP

address.How should i do?

AFAIK, this information is not available. I’'d recommend modifying the room configuration so that an invitation is NOT required to enter the room making the room not a members-only room.

Regards,

– Gato

but i don’‘t know how to get the room-owner’'s XMPP

address.How should i do?

AFAIK, this information is not available.

You might be able to get it via service discovery on the chat service, but this probably depends on the Jabber server implementation.

A compliant MUC implementation shouldn’'t provide this kind of information. According to the spec when you ask for a room #info you will get the supported features by the room (e.g. password protection, room moderation, subject, Number of occupants, etc.). On the other hand, if you ask for the room #items the answer will be a list of existing occupants if that information is publicly available. Note: The only info you can get of the occupants is their nickname in the room.

Therefore, my suggestion is to convert the room into an open room (not a members-only room).

Regards,

– Gato

But this means that my meeting has no security , because anyone can join.

My purpose is to creat a password protected room or inviteonly room.The room owner can invite other people to join.Anybody can get the room name,but if he want to join the room,he must send a request message to the room-owner.if the owner agree the user to join,he will send a invitation(include password) to the user.

How could this purpose be realized? who can help me?

jushua,

To achieve what you are looking for you can follow the following steps:

1. Create a members-only room (as you are doing now)

2. Make the room public so anyone can find it (as you are doing now)

3. A user (that is still not a member) registers with the room and enters the queue awaiting for admin approval

4. Once an admin has approved the new member the user will be able to join the room

Note: Steps 3 and 4 are optional and different MUC implementations (server side) could/couldn’'t provide these options.

If you need more information on this subject I’‘d recommend posting your enquiry to jabber’'s mailing lists since this is a Smack forum (client side).

Regards,

– Gato