How to list users in nested groups - AD

Hi all,

I have 2 domains in the forest fancydomain.com.br - this domain itself and the brandnewdomain.com.br. At this moment, Openfire is configured to load all groups created in the default Active Directory container Users only from fancydomain.com.br. And it works like a charm.**

Each domain has an Employees OU where distinct users are created (ou=Employees,dc=fancydomain,dc=com,dc=br and ou=Employees,dc=brandnewdomain,dc=com,dc=br). Also each domain has a Tecnology universal group inside its default container Users.

I have created an universal group called UniversalTec in the forest-related domain, and put inside it (as members) the two Tecnology groups (Tecnology-fancydomain-com-br and Tecnology-brandnewdomain-com-br).

So I opened Openfire config page, and enabled the UniversalTec roster sharing. But there were no users listed on the “Members of this group” list. I assume that Openfire cannot manage nested groups, or that I am missing something here - perhaps with the search filters.

Wonder if anyone have been through the same situation, and could clear things to me, or point me to any direction.

Some relevant information regarding my server settings:

Property
Value
ldap.baseDN
dc=fancydomain,dc=com,dc=br
ldap.emailField
mail
ldap.groupDescriptionField
description
ldap.groupMemberField
ldap.groupNameField
cn
ldap.groupSearchFilter
(objectClass=group)
ldap.nameField
cn
ldap.port
ldap.searchFields
sAMAccountName
ldap.searchFilter
(objectClass=user)
ldap.usernameField
sAMAccountName

Using Openfire 3.6.3

Best regards,

Saulo Calixto Bonfim

Openfire does not support groups within groups. All groups must be defined with users only.

So, is there a way to retrieve all groups created under the Users container in both domains?

That way I guess I’ll be able to list theTecnology group belonging to fancydomain.com.br, and also list the other Tecnology domain that belongs to brandnewdomain.com.br.

Thanks for the prompt answer.