How to register a service (transport)?

I want to register Yahoo/MSN/ICQ transport in IM server. Somebody in forum said Registration class can do this, but can anybody give some code examples?

thanks

ricky

Ricky,

What do you mean by “I want to register Yahoo/MSN/ICQ transport in IM server”? If you want to connect your XMPP server with Yahoo/MSN/ICQ then Smack won’'t be of much help since this is a server-2-server communication issue.

But if you are trying to connect Smack (an XMPP client) to a legacy IM service (e.g. MSN) then you are on the good track. Although, currently Smack does not provide a high-level API to connect to legacy IM services, it includes the basic functionality so you can achieve what you are looking for.

You will need to use the disco feature, the AccountManager class and many other things that Smack provides. To learn how to use these pieces together follow this link http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0100.html.

Regards,

– Gato

Thank you! I’'ll try. Do you have plan to include this in high-level API in the future build?

Ricky

Ricky,

Sorry for the late reply. We are not planning to include support for Gateway Interaction in the upcoming release. Until this extension is officially considered a standard I don’'t think we will provide support for it. Other reason to give a higher priority to this extension could be a strong interest shown by the Smack community.

Regards,

– Gato