How to start XIFF.example+actionscript

How to start XIFFExample.fla,I compile the file and i got only XIFFExample.swf

there i view only output window like chatting output window,chat text window

and so on.What is the procedure to develop IM further.

In XIFFExample Roaster,room actionscript are included i go through it,What is

goinig to be the next.

I just tried this out myself. Note to test out the example and see it work, you’'ll need to tweak the hardcoded settings for the account and chat room being used. For my local tests, I set up a copy of wildfire on another machine.

See my post in the best settings thread (http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?threadID=17202&tstart=0) about your security settings. That one stumped me for a little while (newbie flash person here).

One you get it running, it is pretty straightforward to intercept the messages coming through the handlers and manipulate them. Watch the xml stream in the output window to make sure things are flowing. After that, the sky is the limit.

-c

Thanks for your reply please help me in the proceedings.In XIFFExample i am able to login now i met a problem that when i entered into chatwindow the text i entered into chatinput text was not visible in the chatoutput window and the roaster was also not display in the roaster datagrid have you met this problem if you find a solution for this please help me …

I haven’‘t see a problem specifically with data not appearing…but I’'m now using some of my own code. Do you specifically mean your text or incoming text from another user?

Have you had luck trying to use the other AS files? Try RosterTest.as (see instructions at the top of that file for what components you need). After adjusting it to use your credentials, do you see a Roster? If you are getting anything in the Flash output panel, what does it say? See my other post for some other things to check.

-c

Message was edited by:

chaupt

thanks for your interest in XIFFExample IM…

I haven’‘t see a problem specifically with data not appearing…but I’'m now using some of my own code. Do you specifically mean your text or incoming text from another user?

I didn’'t use any own code . Iam trying only the code I have download the open source of XIFFExample. Yes, I mean text from another user and the input text of mine. Are you trying XIFFExample using flashMX2004,actionscript2.0 with Jive messenger?.

Try RosterTest.as (see instructions at the top of that file for what components you need). After adjusting it to use your credentials, do you see a Roster? If you are getting anything in the Flash output panel, what does it say?

Yes, I tried RosterTest.as and I saw Roster in flasf output panel.

I copied RosterTest.as into RosterTest.fla I saw Roster in flasf output panel RosterTest.swf.

My problem is how can I view/attach this Roster(RosterTest.swf) in XIFFExample.swf

And I have also seen the ConferenceTest.as…I copied ConferenceTest.as into ConferenceTest.fla I didn’'t see Roster in flasf output panel ConferenceTest.swf.

Please help me to see Roster in flasf output panel ConferenceTest.swf. and also in XIFFExample.swf

thanks for your interest in XIFFExample IM…

I didn’'t use any own code . Iam trying only the code I have download the open source of XIFFExample. Yes, I mean text from another user and the input text of mine. Are you trying XIFFExample using flashMX2004,actionscript2.0 with Jive messenger?.

Try RosterTest.as (see instructions at the top of that file for what components you need). After adjusting it to use your credentials, do you see a Roster? If you are getting anything in the Flash output panel, what does it say?

Yes, I tried RosterTest.as and I saw Roster in flasf output panel.

I copied RosterTest.as into RosterTest.fla I saw Roster in flasf output panel RosterTest.swf.

My problem is how can I view/attach this Roster(RosterTest.swf) in XIFFExample.swf

And I have also seen the ConferenceTest.as…I copied ConferenceTest.as into ConferenceTest.fla I didn’'t see Roster in flasf output panel ConferenceTest.swf.

Please help me to see Roster in flasf output panel ConferenceTest.swf. and also in XIFFExample.swf

Just trying to clarify, are you asking how to create a flash document that shows both a “regular” roster on screen at the same time as a “conference room” roster?

Iam asking about how to create a flash document that shows “conference room” roster (both online users and users) and how iam going to chat with online user?

And I have also seen the ConferenceTest.as. I copied ConferenceTest.as into ConferenceTest.fla I saw Roster in datagrid in conferenceTest.swf. I type message in input textinput and I pressed the “send” button but the message was not displayed in another online user’‘s conferenceTest.swf. And also I saw “apply” botton in the conferenceTest.swf. But it doesn’'t work

Please help me to begin the chat with online user.

OK, I see my misunderstanding in your question. The roster in ConferenceTest.as and the roster in RosterTest.as are two different entities. In ConferenceTest.as, you see the roster of the specific mult-user chat/chat room, which only shows those users that have joined that specific group chat session. This isn’'t the same as your “buddy list”/comprehensive subscription list of users that you have associated with your account. In fact it can be orthogonal to that list.

If you have ConferenceTest.as running, you will only see other people in that list if they join the same conference room.

One good way to test this is to run the sample (changing the hardcoded values) and point to an existing chat room you have set up with another client. Join that room with one account from the Flash file and yourself or a friend join that room with a different client. You should then see yourself and the other person the chat room “roster”. Multiple people can join that conference, unlike other “normal” chat message sessions, which are 1:1.

Try this experiment out and see if you see the other user in the SWF roster, and if you see your account being used in the flash client in the other client. This will ascertain you are connecting correctly.

Then try the sending of text from both clients…

You should get an xmpp/jabber stream of XML in your output window too when running in the Flash IDE. If you don’'t see anything in the client, look at that to make sure you are getting info back and forth with the server.

If you are still stuck, perhaps you can post a snippet of the XML stream up to when you send some text.

-c