How to store conversations on SQL database

I sent you a private message as well.

I already did this and didn’t help. If you want I can restart sql server later today and that may make a different.

I reastarted all my servers and still nothing get stored on SQL.

Attached I’m sending you my Database Propoerties screen.
Openfire Admin Console_ Database Properties.pdf (89663 Bytes)

Unless your server name in “ipaddress” I don’t see how this could work.

Can someone confirm that OF displays the real IP address with this reference?

Also, you don’t have any reference to the database name in your config??

Anyway, I had a similar problem on my first test server, what I found was that when I created the SQL database and ran the OF openfire_sqlserver.sql file, I forgot to point it to the Openfire database and it added the tables to my Master database.

Can you confirm your SQL database does indeed have the correct tables, and maybe look in the Master for the records.

For security raesons I changed my actual ip address to “ipaddress” before posting that PDF.

net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://ipaddress:1433;appName=jive sqlusername sqlpassword select 1 true true 5 25 1.0

Can we reset the database connection?

Doh!

Sorry, that should have been obvious, it just looked weird.

You cannot reset the database connection with the browser gui, but you can edit the conf\openfire.xml file and change the setting true

to false. This will let you rerun the “whole” setup, but most of your previous settings will be saved.

When you get to the database section, make sure you put server_name (or IP if you wish) and database_name. I didn’t need the port number either, unless you changed from the default (1433)

When you click the button to save the settings, it will pop an error if it can’t connect.

I found the problem.

The problem was I didn’t have sql database name defined on my database connection.

Now I can see some logs saving under my database.

How can I record all of users conversation on my sql database?

Thanks,

Mike

They should all record with the settings you showed in your pic. It may be a case of the users need to login fresh to have their conversations logged.