How to transfer files without traffic in the Openfire server?

How to transfer files without traffic in the Openfire server?

I’m a begginer in XMPP and Openfire. I’m making some tests involving file transfer and I have a question about this. When I send a file from the client1 to the client2 (they are in different subnets) the entire traffic pass through the Openfire server. This technique creates bottlenecks and many relays are required to sustain high communication between peers. I need that the clients send the files directly (NAT traversal/Hole punch). I don’t know how to configure this in the Openfire and if this is possible too.

I’m a begginer in XMPP and Openfire. I’m making some tests involving file transfer and I have a question about this. When I send a file from the client1 to the client2 (they are in different subnets) the entire traffic pass through the Openfire server. This technique creates bottlenecks and many relays are required to sustain high communication between peers. I need that the clients send the files directly (NAT traversal/Hole punch). I don’t need to monitor the files send by the clients. I don’t know how to configure this in the Openfire and if this is possible too

I think this is no possible…

Hi,

use clients which create a p2p connection.

See also http://www.igniterealtime.org/support/articles/filetransfer.jsp

LG