How to update Openfire to 3.3.3?

Hi,

I have Openfire 3.3.2 installed and I saw that a new version 3.3.3 has been released.

Should the update be automatic with the “Manage Updates” feature or do I have to do something myself? I didn`t change anything in the installation so everything is set to the default. How does the admin should get notification about new updates?

Thanks

Hi,

http://example.com:9090/index.jsp should display "! Update information

Server version 3.3.3 is now available. Click here to download or read the change log for more information.", I wonder if you expect to get an xmpp message or an email.

To update Openfire one usually shuts Openfire down, makes a backup and installs then the new version over the existing one. Starting Openfire will launch the new version which updates the database if necessary.

LG

Hi,

Where in the admin console should I get the update information? On the login page? after login?

Anyway, I didnt saw this notification so I updated to the new version as you explained. Shouldnt it be explained in the docs next to the installation guide? http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/documentation.jsp

Thanks

Hi!

And second question - how to do local upgrade 3.3.2 to 3.3.3?

My server is behind the proxy with authentification, but openfire upgrade not support authenticated proxy.

BR,

Tim

Hi Tim,

you may download the current version as you did download the previous one, Openfire itself will not download a new version of itself so far.

LG

I’m having the same issue. Under Manage Updates I have the following settings:

Service Enabled: Enabled - The server will automatically check for server or plugins updates

Admins Notifications: Enabled - Administrators will receive notifications when new updates are available.

Connection Method: Direct Connection - Use a direct connection to the internet to check for updates

I’m currently running 3.3.2 on the server and there is no indication of an available update in the Admin Console and I have not received any notification message or email. Am I missing something or does this feature not work? How does the server check for updates? How is the notification implemented?

I realize it’s not that big of a deal to manually check for updates, I’m just curious why it’s not working.

Thanks

Hi,

for me the service is disabled and Admins Notifications are disabled. On http://examepl.com:9090/available-plugins.jsp I have an “Auto update is off. Update Now.” button. After the manual update the admin console shows on /index.jsp that there is a new version available. I have no idea how often the auto updater checks for new versions.

LG

hi,

is it right the when i copy the new file over the old that the setup starts again?

Hi,

if you overwrite openfire.xml then the setup will run again. I have no idea which update process you follow or if something is broken in the automated update, maybe you want to post more details here.

LG

i have install Openfire 3.3.2 and want to update to v 3.3.3.

i have done what you say in your firs post:

To update Openfire one usually shuts Openfire down, makes a backup and

installs then the new version over the existing one. Starting Openfire

will launch the new version which updates the database if necessary.

• i have shut down openfire.

• then i have backup my openfire 3.3.2

• extract openfire 3.3.3

• overwrite my old folder

if i go on http://mydomain:9090 the setup will start.

i do not have overwhrite the folder conf.

thx 4 help

sorry for my english

EDIT:

now if i open my jabber page i see:

h2. HTTP ERROR: 404NOT_FOUND

RequestURI=/