HTTP Error 500 During Setup

Hey, all.

I’m trying to get Openfire installed on Server 03 and I’m feeling a bit over my head.

I have IIS running and a Microsoft SQL database that I’ve set up with the openfire_sqlserver.sql script.

Openfire appears to be running on the localhost (http://127.0.0.1:9090) and I’m proceding through the setup, but get stuck at the Database Settings step.

I believe the server name is: SERVER\Lytec_SQL

Right now there’s an Admin user with no password (temporarily)

At this point I’ve tried using the Microsoft SQL Server database preset for the “Standard Database Connection” option. I’ve also tried using the “Embedded Database” option and both generate an http 500 error (see bottom of post).

I’m not sure how to determine where the error is occurring and how to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Danny

Error message:

HTTP ERROR: 500

INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR

RequestURI=/setup/setup-datasource-standard.jsp
Caused by:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.jivesoftware.database.EmbeddedConnectionProvider.destroy(EmbeddedConnection Provider.java:100)
at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.setConnectionProvider(DbConnectio nManager.java:476)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.setup.setup_002ddatasource_002dstandard_jsp._js pService(setup_002ddatasource_002dstandard_jsp.java:204)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1093)
at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)
at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)
at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:66)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)
at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:42)
at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:70)
at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:99)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:206)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:843 )
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:648)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)