I can not connect with AD in version 3.8.0

Good morning everyone!

I took the new version to do a clean install of Openfire.

First of all, I am performing the operation on a server with Windows 2008 R2.

I did the installation without problems, and started the setup … I configured a connection to my SQL Server database also without any problem.

The problem is happening on the integration with Active Directory.

Fill in all the fields correctly, and test the settings button does not work. (I’ve read in another topic on other users having this problem)

Confident that filled the fields correctly, advance to the next step screens that are User Group Mapping and Mapping, not change anything and advance to the next screen.

In the Administrator Account screen shows nothing, just a field for me to tell which will be the User Administrator. I try to enter a User, but a message says not found.

I believe then that something is failing in integration with Active Directory.

I’m with my environment stopped since.

**Attached **Print Screen!!

Any additional information you need, you may ask!

Any help will be great!

Grab the current nighly build and see if that fixes it for you.

Hello David,

I did as you recommended. I downloaded the build nighly openfire_2013-02-08.zip, stopped the openfire and unzipped the contents of the folder openfire.

Openfire started again and redid the setup process.

Unfortunately it did not work when I get to the step of choosing a User as an administrator, I noticed that the screen of the application openfire appeared the following error:

javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C0903A9, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, v1db1

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.connect(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getUsingURL(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getUsingURLs(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getLdapCtxInstance(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getInitialContext(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source) at javax.naming.ldap.InitialLdapContext.(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveInitialLdapContext.(JiveInitialLdapContext.java :43)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapManager.getContext(LdapManager.java:535)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapManager.findUserDN(LdapManager.java:938)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapManager.findUserDN(LdapManager.java:891)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.setup.setup_002dadmin_002dsettings_jsp._jspServ ice(setup_002dadmin_002dsettings_jsp.java:176)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:547)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1359)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1330)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:74)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1330)

at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:50)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:78)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:164)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:478)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:119)

at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:520)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:22 7)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:94 1)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:409)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:186 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:875 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandler Collection.java:250)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.jav a:149)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:110)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:349)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:441)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.j ava:936)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:801)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:224)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:51 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.jav a:586)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java :44)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:598 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:533)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Did I do something wrong?

After numerous attempts to setup AD, got the connection.

I was missing the parameter cn = users. My fault.

I’m having the same issue. Where did you forget to put the cn=users?

Thanks,

Matt