I can see an OLD avatar

Hello!

Whenever I mouse-over my contact list in Spark 2.08 (custom skinning version from last week) the small popup with the details of the user comes up. However at least with one user in this small popup a see a small picture of the users OLD avatar!

Whenever I start a chat with this very user and/or lookup his profile I see his current (=correct) avatar.

As most of our users either dont have an avatar at all or did not change it recently I dont know whether this is an Client or Server issue.

Server is WF 3.1.0

Addon: It must be a client side issue, because when I login with my account from a different machine with a freshly installed Spark (same version) it show only the new avatar. So I assume some local caching issue within Spark. Is there any file/directory a can delete locally to “refresh” the cache??

Bye

Starry

Hi Starry,

I did not hear about a cache for the 2.0.8 version.

My 2.0.7 version fetches the vCard one time after startup when I request it and caches this result. If I press F12 and open the xmpp debug window I can see the whole vCard including base64 encoded photo.

You could verify that both computers receive the same vCard unless Derek has a better idea.

LG

This has happened to me before. Actually it’'s happening right now. There is a user in my contacts list that when you hover above his name you see his old avatar, yet when I start a conversation with him I can see his new avatar.

All clients are 2.0.7 (Windows XP), Wildfire Serfver is 3.1.1. (Windows 2003).

Hi,

does it help to empty the %userprofile%\Spark\user\user@example.com\contacts\ folder (make a copy of it just in case that you need the data again). This folder seems to be a cache for thumbnails, most of the files are 48*48px² images.

LG

I also have the problem of seeing a co-worker’'s old avatar when mousing over his name in the list using Sparc version 2.0.7 on a Toshiba laptop using Windows XP Pro - Service Pack 2. As was stated before, when I am chatting with him, the avatar is correct. Has anyone found an answer to this as yet?

Hello!

Yes, indeed in this folder there are 3-10 kb big extensionless PNG files. The old avatar in question is in there four times! The new avatar of the user in question is NOT there however…

You are on the right track as most of the time…

We’'ll let you know how it goes…

Bye

Starry

After reading the last two entries here, I went to the aforementioned folder, added the .png extension to each entry, and found the offending one. I deleted the old entries, and now after the user came back from lunch, the new (correct) avatar is the one which appears when hovering the mouse cursor over his name in the roster.

Kudos to it2000 for the path to success on this issue.

Thanks,

Gerra

p.s. - Don’'t forget to remove the .png extension from all files that you want to keep.

GPC

Message was edited by: Gerra

Hello!

It looks like Derek closed this one down already. see Spark-479. LG did you whisper to him?

Bye

Starry

Hi Starry,

interesting that you are using Spark 2.0.8 and SPARK-479 should be fixed in 2.0.8. Anyhow it seems that Derek did create the issue yesterday and solved it today.

LG

Hi

Well, its called 2.08 because its the one you get out of the skinning service. It seems to me, that this one is built on demand as it takes a minute or two till the download is made to order. All the files inside the archive are dated the exact time of download.

However I dont know, what branch they use for the skinning version. Maybe I get a bleeding edge snapshot!

Bye

Starry