I can''t gateway registration

Gateway Registrations

Below is a list of all gateway service registrations. To filter by active sessions and/or specific gateways select the options below and update the view.

Registration update failed.

i try register at miranda and ok accept password at acount of msn, but don’'t appear at Registedred Jabber Trnaports

thanxs

i have:

wildfire 3.1.1

IM Gateway 1.0 Beta 6a

helpme

chuckle saying helpme isn’'t really going to help anything. =) None-the-less, good timing, I had just started looking over the forum entries for the day.

What database are you using? If you look in your actual database, can you see the gatewayRegistrations table? Do you have any database related errors in your logs? Typically this is representative of a database issue. =/

i don’‘t use a database, because i can’‘t config at mysql, but i don’'t use database.

o maybe i need erase? and reinstall?

2006.12.20 13:42:54 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.BaseTransport.handleIQRegister(BaseTransport.j ava:669) Someone who is not a user of this server tried to register with the transport: necatpace@gmail.com/Miranda

2006.12.20 13:59:11 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.BaseTransport.handleIQRegister(BaseTransport.j ava:669) Someone who is not a user of this server tried to register with the transport: necatpace@gmail.com/Miranda

2006.12.20 16:03:44 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.plugin.gateway.gateway_002dregistrations_jsp._jspServi ce(gateway_002dregistrations_jsp.java:166) Username specified for registration is not valid.

2006.12.20 16:04:03 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.plugin.gateway.gateway_002dregistrations_jsp._jspServi ce(gateway_002dregistrations_jsp.java:166) Username specified for registration is not valid.

2006.12.20 22:21:09 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.plugin.gateway.gateway_002dregistrations_jsp._jspServi ce(gateway_002dregistrations_jsp.java:166) Username specified for registration is not valid.

but i want to use with miranda jabber, and i can’'t it say error 404 not found

thanxs

What OS are you running on? For the embedded database, there is actually, in wildfire/bin/extra, some scripts to work with the embedded db. You end up accessing it similar to you would any database. If you want to go the extreme route, you could indeed wipe your entire embedded db database. You should see it in the root of your wildfire install. You may need to go back through wildfire’'s setup as well.

i have centos is similar a rethat as 4 but you think i need use a database real? not embedded?

Actually, I just looked at your log again:

2006.12.20 13:42:54 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.BaseTransport.handleIQRegister(BaseTransport. java:669) Someone who is not a user of this server tried to register with the transport: necatpace@gmail.com/Miranda

2006.12.20 13:59:11

That is legit. This plugin does not support report folk using your servers transports. The transport makes heavy use of Wildfire internals and as a result it can not do anything with a remote server. I hadn’'t noticed that you were trying to connect from gmail.com before. I would recommend using PyAIMt/PyICQt/whatever instead in this case. They are suited to anyone having accounts.

You might want to let the user know via a instead of just logging it and then dropping the registration

I thought I aleady had implemented the message actually. =)

GATE-156

but i can create a user? i created 5 users, but nothing, i can use the gateway

and i use mysql database

2006.12.21 22:35:35 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.BaseTransport.handleIQRegister(BaseTransport.j ava:669) Someone who is not a user of this server tried to register with the transport: necatpace@gmail.com/Psi

2006.12.21 22:52:18 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.BaseTransport.handleIQRegister(BaseTransport.j ava:669) Someone who is not a user of this server tried to register with the transport: necatpace@gmail.com/Psi

I’‘m not sure I’'m following what you are saying. I doublechecked the code that handles not letting external people register with the transport it and should not be allowing you to register accounts. You can not create a user within Wildfire and use that user to access the transports from google talk. If you want to use the transports you have to log in -as- the Wildfire account and register from there.

ok ok

i make a mistake, you know a server i can use to gateway to msn fron google talk? i have and blackberry and i don’'t use a public server

thanxs

Off the top of my head I don’'t know any specific servers. But if you hunt for ones running PyMSNt you should be good to go. I think www.xmpp.net might list ones with available externally usable transports.

jadestorm wrote:

Off the top of my head I don’'t know any specific servers. But if you hunt for ones running PyMSNt you should be good to go. I think www.xmpp.net might list ones with available externally usable transports.

thanxs a lot

cya