I cant trnsfer files using openfire 3.3.3 on centos 4.5, and any jabber clients, spark, pidgin, psi or Pandion

I cant trnsfer files using openfire 3.3.3 on centos 4.5, and any jabber clients, spark, pidgin, psi or Pandion, any idea?

Hola Lucho,

File transfer in XMPP is not as seamless as it should be. There are many different ways to transfer a file and not all clients implement them. Spark has the best file transfer feature of those clients. Have you tried using the latest Spark version and try a file transfer between 2 sparks? It should work fine.

In the admin console you will find the File Transfer Settings link. Click on that link and check if you have the proxy service enabled. If you do then make sure that there is no firewall blocking that port.

Saludos,

– Gato

ok, i had tried with two sparks, so now i can transfer files from spark1

to the spark2 but i cant transfer files from spark2 to spark1, i dont

know what the problem, in the openfire logs say nothing about it, also i enable the proxy in file transfer settings. any other idea? thanks

gracias gaston, tenes alguna otra idea? ya q me sigue sin funcionar pese a q uso 2 sparks, igual lo del proxy en una red local no tendria q influir o no?

saludos

ok, i remove rpm and all files and install rpm again, and now i can transfer files from sparks to others sparks, but not to any other clients, anybody knows a client that run on win98 and also be very ligth and that can transfer files with sparks? thanks, bye

Lucho,

A few times I was able to do file transfers using Exodus & Spark. Exodus is not a very user friendly client but it’s light and file transfer worked for me. You can download Exodus from here.

Saludos,

– Gato