I can't view or exec the admin console

I installed openfire with spark in windows XP… all very good, i can view the console 127.0.0.1:9090/ create account, etc etc

But now i installed in linux suse, I created the db openfire in MySQL, i run openfire # /opt/openfire/bin/openfire start and is OK with one message nohup: appending output to ‘nohup.out’…

In suse, i only can use the console, nothing graphic, and I NEED to configure the DOMAIN, the USERs, then i can’ view the console to admin…

I know, The default port for the web-based admin console is 9090, but i can use other port? :8080 or what?

Please, i hope some suggestion…

Roel

The easiest option is:

Open ports 9090/9091 in your firewall/router and connect to your server remotely.

The default port for the web-based admin console is 9090, but i can use other port?

You can change the port inside the admin console. If this is not possible, because ports 9090 and 9091 are used for something else, or you can’t open them in your firewall, you have a problem

An idea would be this:

System properties are read from your database, so connect to your database and insert these values:

INSERT INTO jiveProperty (name, propValue) VALUES ('adminConsole.port', '8080');
INSERT INTO jiveProperty (name, propValue) VALUES ('adminConsole.securePort', '8081');

The problem is you will need an valid openfire.xml, where your database and other things are already correctly configured.

Should be theoretically possible, but never tried it.

An other solution would be using an text-only browser, like w3m. It does not need any graphics…sure it takes getting used to, but should work.