I have a setup question for Openfire into MySQL

I am coming into a preexisting setup of openfire setup with Spark that stopped working. After looking through all of the information I am not seeing any trace of a SQL database for OpenFire. Therefore I am trying to get this going from the start. But I am kind of a novice at SQL and at open source in general and was wondering if there was anyone that could help me with this.

So, this is where I stand. I have gotten into MySQL and created a Schema named openfire. Then I went to the server admin and attempted to import the openfire_mysql.sql file in the resources folder. But it is giving me an error of 1046 No Database is selected. I am not finding where to select a database. I am getting a bit frustrated and would appreciate it if someone could help me figure this out. Thanks.

MySQL is version 5.2 CE if that helps.

Jerry

Did you modify setup=true in openfire.xml to make sure that the setup is run again? There you need to specify the xmpp.domain and you can setup the empty database.

I actually uninstalled openfire and renamed the openfire filder and then reinstalled openfire on the system. My first thing and correct me if I am wrong would be to get the MySQL database setup with the schema that is provided by openfire. But I am having trouble figuring out how to import the .sql file into the database that I created.