I have the wildfire server and have a question about a plug in

I tried to install the yahoo transport plugin but have been able to do say. What I have downloaded to use the wildfire server is spark. Can someone give me some tips?

Nostradamus wrote:

I tried to install the yahoo transport plugin but have been able to do say. What I have downloaded to use the wildfire server is spark. Can someone give me some tips?

I am afraid I do not understand exactly what you are asking here. =/

I guess its hard when you are not seeing what the other person on the computer is seeing let me try to look it over again and I will post again soon to explain better.

Ok for starters I have the wildfire server as far as a Jabber server. I also have the Spark as a client, what I am trying to do is get a yahoo plug in to work so I can connect it to yahoo.

I’'ll give it a shot…

one you install the gateway plugin (which I’'m assuming you have done)

You must enable which transports you want from the server config page.

once that is done you’'ll login via spark to your server and you will see an additional icon on your menu for that transport.

Click the icon and enter your credentials.

you will then login to that server. (in your case yahoo)

good luck!

I downloaded the gatway file wich is an executable jar file. I am not sure how to run it though because when I click on it nothing happens?

throw it in your plugins folder and wildfire will automatically extract and install it within a few minutes.

then login to your admin console and set your versions

PS:

Once you see a new folder added next to your JAR file… that’'s when it is installed

I see the new folder I guess that means its installed it is a new folder that says gateway is that what I am supposed to see

Yep, and so no log into the admin

and under the server tab - server settings you will see a new configuration for the gateway plugin

just enable whichever transports you want to use

once enabled restart your client and you will see the new transport icons