IBM JDK and SASL

Hi to all,

While running OpenFire 3.5.0 on a SLES box using IBM SDK 1.5.0 I see this error frequently :

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.sun.security.sasl.util.PolicyUtils

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.sasl.SaslServerFactoryImpl.createSaslServer(SaslServe rFactoryImpl.java:49)

at javax.security.sasl.Sasl.createSaslServer(Sasl.java:486)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SASLAuthentication.handle(SASLAuthentication.java :212)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:147)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:132)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilterChain.java:570)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)

at org.apache.mina.common.IoFilterAdapter.messageReceived(IoFilterAdapter.java:80)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr otocolDecoderOutput.java:58)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:180)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :239)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:283)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 665)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:801)

Did OpenFire stick with Sun JDK ?

Regards and thanks for your help

Just so information about it.

I switched my SLES to a Sun SDK 1.5 and the problem disappears.

It allow me to connect with Pidgin 2.4.1 (see another post).

• IBM SDK 1.5 + OpenFire 3.5.0 + Pidgin 2.4.1 => don’t works

• IBM SDK 1.5 + OpenFire 3.5.0 + Spark => works

• IBM SDK 1.5 + OpenFire 3.5.0 + Eclipse ECF (using smack) => works

• Sun SDK 1.5 + OpenFire 3.5.0 + Pidgin 2.4.1 => works

Very strange, could you check this SASL problem with IBM SDK, since as many, I don’t have the choice of JDK (on linux/windows it’s ok), but on AIX/OS400 it won’t works (and that’s our targets platforms).

Regards

Hi,

I am also getting the same error. Have you managed to find a solution to it.

I am running AIX 5.3 L8 and IBM jre 1.5.

The error happens when I start to initiate a login using Spark 2.5.8.

Strangely enough, it takes about 30sec to login, after that everything seems to work fine.

Any ideas.

Hi,

“com.sun…” are classes provided by Sun. So one will likely not find them within the JVM of IBM. As nobody is running Openfire on AIX it may be an idea to use a Linux server. I did install Wildfire some years ago on AIX and it did throw similar exceptions so I decided to use Linux.

You could try to copy rt.jar from Sun to the openfire/lib/ directory, this could work.

http://www.igniterealtime.org/issues/browse/JM-1501 created to make sure that this issue will not be ignored but I wonder if it will be solved soon unless more users request an AIX version.

LG

Hi LG,

Thanks for the tip.

I copied the Windows version of the rt.jar and paste it into the openfire/lib, and it WORKS!

The error messages does not appears any more and it also resolve the login slowness issue.