iChat Buddy Icons Not Appearing/Refreshing

This is a minor issue, but I’m just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this.

I just switched from the built-in “iChat Server” in OS X Server to Openfire on a Linux server. Almost everything works great so far except the iChat buddy icons (avatars) do no appear in the buddy list. The default iChat jabber lightbulb icon shows up for each user instead.

All clients are Mac OS X 10.5.6, iChat version 4.0.7.

Server is Ubuntu Server 8.10 with Openfire 3.6.3. Server is setup through LDAP for accounts and group sharing. No gateways used/installed.

Let me know if more info is needed. Thanks.

Update**: **After searching a bit more, it looks like this issue may be relate to all of these going back to 2006—

status/presence with LDAP rosters

LDAP Shared Groups Not Updating Status Correctly

Contacts Status not updating when using LDAP and shared groups

LDAP user login/logout notifications

Is there any status on these? Has anyone found a resolution?

Update Again**:** After trying a few things mentioned in the those other threads, I’ve come across something that works for my problem. I’ve set the ldap.posixMode to true as suggested here:

However, my initial problem I posted about (iChat icons not updating) still doesn’t seem to work. Are these solely controlled through the LDAP jpegPhoto element, rather than client-based? Thanks.

Found the simple solution:

Server Manager > System Properties > ldap.override.avatar (true)