iChat clients reporting incorrect status with Jive Messenger 2.1.5

iChat running on OS X 10.4.1 are able to send and receive messages with users running other clients but their status is not correctly reported to other clients. They are appearing as offline whether they are logged into the Jive Messenger server or not. The server is a WinXP Pro box running Jive Messenger 2.1.5.

Jive Messenger admin correctly lists the iChat users as logged in and authenticated securely in the sessions section.

Any chance this issue could be related to iChat’'s deviations from XMPP?

We’'ve noticed this problem as well and have been trying to figure out the cause. Our current theory is that it has something to do with presence priority. What we need to do is dig into the protocol traffic and figure out exactly what is going on. If anyone else has clues, that would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Hey Privateer,

Just to gather more background information. Are these users using shared groups to appear in each other roster?

Thanks,

– Gato

Yeah, these users are in a group.

Although I’‘m having trouble duplicating the issue with OS X 10.4.2 and iChat 3.0.1 (v392) IM framework v356. The other client is Adium X 0.82 but I can’'t recall if I was using other iChat clients, Fire, or AdiumX (v0.81). The Jive Messenger machine has not changed.