powered by Jive Software

Ichat issues

So I have managed to get openfire up and running pulling in users and groups from my 10.5 server and I have openfire using an internal database.

I am in an all mac office about 90 users, so ideally we would use ichat to avoid having to install any unnecessary software on the workstations. What I have noticed so far is that ichat seems to be quite slow to show that it has connected to the server. If I look at the connected users in openfire I see my self as connected, but I chat still sits there for another 5 min before it shows as connected.

Has any one else noticed this and if so do you know what is causing it and how to fix it. On a side note would there be much improvement in running openfire from a mysql database?

Thanks

skeates wrote:

On a side note would there be much improvement in running openfire from a mysql database?

Thanks

Can’t help with ichat issue. as about db. If you going to use it just for 90 users you probably won’t notice any difference. But normal database is more convinient to manage (and usually has tools for that), and embedded-db is just a text file. If you plan to turn on monitoring or do some modifications to your database, then you should consider using mysql (or other normal db).

Thanks for that info.

I ended up going about resetting it up as with a mysql database. Although ichat still seems to take a while to connect to the server. I have tested spark as well as a proteus x and they both connect instantly. So it appears to be something with ichat specifically, but not sure how I would go about finding out what it is. It would be interesting to see if any one else has had the issue.

Done some more testing. If I run openfire on my open directory master it works fine. It seems to be when running openfire on a machine that does not have the open directory users on it.