ICQ transport issues

I think i will put all my issues here, for convinience. Testing with Spark 2.0.1

1. So as i said in Welcome thread. I see one offline contact in my online list. But, i dont see one which IS online, cause i’‘m talking to him right now, and here is not in Offline list. Maybe that’'s because it has someuser@wroot user at my server, and his ICQ nickname is the same - someuser ?

2. Some users that are online doesnt show up as online

3. Some users that have nicknames show up only as UINs

4. There are not all ICQ contacts showing up in list

Hm, i see it has created Transport Buddies grouop in Miranda (my main ICQ program), so this gateway creates something on ICQ server side?

1. I am a little confused as to why this would be occuring unless joscar isn’‘t forwarding me over some information. -especially- the ofline contact in your online list. It’‘s almost as if it missed an offline statement or… was this contact ever online while you were running behind the plugin? As for online user showing as offline, I’‘ve seen this a couple of times with a real ICQ client. Doesn’‘t mean it’'s not something I should investigate, but just saying that it seems to be semi-commonplace in the land of ICQ. =/

2. Wait, I think we just talked about this. lol

3. I mentioned this in your first post in the welcome thread. =) (i’'m too hopped up on cold medicine to remember what I said sigh) Please take a look at the welcome thread?

4. Period? hrm. I know some ICQ clients store some of the buddies locally (ie, it’‘s possible to not have someone in your server side buddy list and still throw a "please let me know of this person’'s status"). Would you mind trying another ICQ client beyond your normal one and seeing if the contacts you are referring to are shown there?

5(sorta). transport buddies. Yes, right now I’‘m putting group-less buddies in a group called Transport Buddies. The more I think about it the more I should probably do this nicer. Thing is, you aren’‘t -required- to put contacts in a group on OSCAR. So what’‘s happening is you have some that aren’'t in a group, the plugin sees them, puts them in a group called Transport Buddies, and then syncs that up with the legacy roster. So Transport Buddies is basically a default group to the plugin.

1. Yes, not my Bug-Report, but on my side it is also that on ICQ some Buddies are missing. At the first Login all Buddies where shown, but at the second Login there are missing some (OK, not much ICQ Buddies here, but 2 of 4 means that the half is missing ) I am using PSI 0.10 on Linux.

What version of the plugin was this?

Actually, rephrase, had you at any point used version 1.0 Beta 1 or 1.0 Beta 1a?

Message was edited by: jadestorm

On my side i use 1.0 Beta 2 of the plugin. Beta 1 or Beta 1a never installed.

Good lord, so it’'s possible I missed something else?!

ponder I don’'t suppose you had debugging turned on did you?

i am soooooooooooo sorry

no debugging log available on my side.

Hrm. Well I’‘ll see if I can catch something. I do believe I have a fundamental logic flaw somewhere that probably caused what you saw. My theory is that you had some contacts in the “main group” in OSCAR, which doesn’‘t have a name and is “special”. I probably mixed up my logic and removed them since they didn’'t match groups with names in my list.

Of course… if that’'s the case what I commented out in my code for 1a should have taken care of it. =/

Ok. Sorry for 4). I had to sync my Miranda roster with server. Now all contacts show up in Spark.

Wonder, can i push nicknames to server somehow so that UINs would show up with names? With Miranda or else? Dont want to rename it manually. I want all info being pulled from ICQ server.

After few logoffs/logins now i dont see offline contact in Online (actualy General) group. But i see only 3 online contacts, i can see them if i login with Miranda. But one is absent in Spark, and i think all this offline contacts appearing in Online group was about him, just somehow substituting his nickname. But now he is always appearing as offline, though i’'m chating with him. He is using some aplha build of Miranda, maybe that could be a cause?

Ok. 1) and 2) is weird and problematic, especially when this is almost the only person i chat on ICQ

Now i’'m trying to fix 3). I have tried to login with ICQ2Go and this client has changed all UINs to nicknames, probably fetched those form the server. Daniel, i saw your reply in Welcome thread but i dont quite understand. You mean you will make something so transport will fetch those nicknames?

jadestorm wrote:

Yes, right now I’‘m putting group-less buddies in a group called Transport Buddies. The more I think about it the more I should probably do this nicer. Thing is, you aren’'t -required- to put contacts in a group on OSCAR.

You aren’‘t required to do that in XMPP either, so what’‘s the problem you’'re trying to solve with that default group?

laugh

that is exactly my point. I’'m not sure why I chose to do thatand am going to undo it. =)

Does Miranda normally store all of the buddies locally? Interesting… Good to know though.

You can indeed push the nicknames to the server. See here’'s how it normally works with OSCAR:

Your SSI buddy buddy list contacts a “nickname” field. This is used to store whatever you want the contact to be seen as. I am not certain the AIM client even reaalllly uses this field. However, ICQ uses this field to store the “nicer name” than just the UIN. Now that said, there isn’'t any magic that happens here. If you recall/ever used one, the real ICQ clients make you search for a person first before you can add them. This process retrieves the nickname for you so that when you actually add the contact, it includes the proper nickname on your buddy list.

Now. one thing that I do with PyICQt is, when you log in, I look at what all contacts do not have nicknames. When I see nicknames missing, I do a lookup/search on the user to find out what their nickname is, and once I find it, store it in the server side buddy list. I’'m just not doing this (yet) in the gateway plugin.

As for the other issue with the general group, I believe that’'s another issue altogether. Your contacts are actually being removed but Miranda still has local copies so you “get them back” so to speak. =) Definitely needs to be fixed on my end.

Did the nicknames show up via the plugin after you logged in via icq2go? (some icq clients don’'t bother storing the nickname on the server, just look it up and store it local or look it up every time)

jadestorm wrote:

Did the nicknames show up via the plugin after you logged in via icq2go? (some icq clients don’'t bother storing the nickname on the server, just look it up and store it local or look it up every time)

Just after the login with icq2go i saw these same contacts (which are represented with UINs in Spark) appearing with UINs, but after a second they were changed to nicknames by icq2go. So i think icq2go does that nickname’'s lookup what you were talking about in previous post.

So, should i wait for a new beta now?

Probably =D GATE-49 was created to track this issue.

When i change my presence in Spark only MSN gateway is replicating my status. ICQ is always showing online.

wroot wrote:

When i change my presence in Spark only MSN gateway is replicating my status. ICQ is always showing online.

ICQ is only capable of doing away vs not away. (this is because joscar is primarily focusing on AIM, not ICQ… I believe it does support all of the other statuses now, it’'s just I need to implement it) That said, it should at least be doing away vs not away. (and does for me =/ ) What specifically is not reflecting? the status as seen from another icq client? or the status of the icon for ICQ itself.

jadestorm wrote:
or the status of the icon for ICQ itself.

I didnt check how it looks in other clients. But ICQ transport icon doesnt change to Away, only MSN.

GATE-79