ICQ Transport Problems in v.1.1.0

Hey,

since upgrading to IM Transport v.1.1.0 we experience even more problems with icq transport than ever before:

1) in most instances the transport apparently couldn’t connect to icq, the transport-icon in roster stay’s “offline”. a short look at openfire-logs revealed no errors, no warnings, and the following messages in debug:

2007.08.13 13:57:44 A new session has come online: user@jabberserver.de/Psi

2007.08.13 13:57:44 Created icq session for user@jabberserver.de/Psi as ‘000_ICQ_NR_000’

2007.08.13 13:57:44 OSCAR login service state change from NOT_CONNECTED to INITING

2007.08.13 13:57:44 Received presence packet:

2007.08.13 13:57:44 icq: Sending packet:

2007.08.13 13:57:44 OSCAR login service state change from INITING to RESOLVING

2007.08.13 13:57:44 OSCAR login service state change from RESOLVING to CONNECTING

2007.08.13 13:57:44 Connect Socket[http://addr=/85.10.193.115,port=44595,localport=5269|http://addr=/85.10.193.115, port=44595,localport=5269]

2007.08.13 13:57:44 OSCAR login service state change from CONNECTING to CONNECTED

Even though OSCAR obviously connects successful to the icq login server, the status in contact-list is not refreshed and online-buddies are not shown. Later debug messages shows some activity, but nothing is postulated to roster:

2007.08.13 14:04:03 Updating status for

2) In some cases, the transport works nearly as expected (apart from known issues), but the registered ICQ-User is allways treated as Offline/Invisible and not seen by other ICQ-Members.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Andy

What client? With Spark 2.5.5 i have to log out and then log in to get my online roster (if i log in first time after server start).

PSI v.0.10

wroot, you’ve got it better than I do. =/ With Spark 2.5.5, for some reason, I have to always log in twice period. First time I start seeing contacts as I log in and then I get booted for whatever reason with a “reconnecting in…” countdown. Usually the second try (clicking reconnect) works fine. Strange! But at least I’m running Spark now so I can see such things. For better or for worse. hehehe

Andy, that’s definitely not what I like to see in ICQ support! My ICQ transport is showing online like it’s supposed to, but I don’t see anyone online. (I do see them in my roster) Of course, I also don’t know if that’s legit. I mean I don’t have a lot of ICQ contacts. I wonder how hard it would be to write a bot that just sits there on ICQ and does really nothing other than stay online? ponder

Anyway. Can you get my a copy of the debug logs in their entirety so I can look them over?

jadestorm wrote:

I wonder how hard it would be to write a bot that just sits there on ICQ and does really nothing other than stay online? ponder

you can create an ICQ account ant connect say with icq2go through the web

Anyway. Can you get my a copy of the debug logs in their entirety so I can look them over?

if you were asking me, i have already sent you my debug once, and you havent found anything wrong in it

wroot wrote:
jadestorm wrote:

I wonder how hard it would be to write a bot that just sits there on ICQ and does really nothing other than stay online? ponder

you can create an ICQ account ant connect say with icq2go through the web

True but then I would have to keep my browser open. (i’ve got a ton of test accounts) I was thinking about maybe a bot that would keep connected to like “all” of the services I support so I can have a little “hey, my test account isn’t online” reaction. =D

if you were asking me, i have already sent you my debug once, and you havent found anything wrong in it

Naw I was targeting Andy on this one. ;D Though I thought you sent me MSN related, not ICQ related? (for the not able to see any ICQ contacts issue)