Idea: Jira reset

I have no experience with JIRA administration, but i can try if there will be noone else willing. Shouldnt be very hard i hope But i didnt quite understand about the “triage”. Do you mean setting the time when a bug should be fixed? With the current manpower it could be hard to estimate.

Triage means:

• See if this issue has already been reported. If it has, link it to the other issue as a duplicate and close.
  • An initial pass to make sure the issue has enough data to take action on. For example “Openfire is crashing” is not very helpful and needs more info.
  • Assign the issue to a developer if you know who should work on it
  • Assign the issue to a particular release if there’s enough data plus a priority. For example, a security bug should be a P0 to be fixed for the next release.

I’m fairly familiar with JIRA (not so much with adminstrating JIRA, but I’ll manage. I’ll be happy to help out.

Slush’s resolutions work for me, with a couple of sidenotes:

• There already is a resolution called “won’t fix” in the default JIRA installation.
  • I’d rename the ‘need-a-developer’ resolution into “postponed (indefinately)”, which in my opinion is more of a resolution than the former. The reason for postponing should be documented in a JIRA comment. This way, we could resolve other issues using this resolution as well.

Hi Matt,

please refer to my initial message starting this thread

daryl

Daryl,

Excellent – you’re now an administrator. Let’s start a separate thread to discuss configuration ideas. Or, feel free to ping me directly.

Thanks,

Matt

matt wrote:

Triage means:

Ok. I get it. The first two is what we are currently doing in the forums. Though with the JIRA it will be more obligating.

Anyway. Slush and Guus have already agreed to step in. Maybe also Daryl is willing? How many people we need? Maybe 2 will be enough? At least so far, as there are not many spamers in JIRA

• I’d rename the ‘need-a-developer’ resolution into “postponed (indefinately)”, which in my opinion is more of a resolution than the former. The reason for postponing should be documented in a JIRA comment. This way, we could resolve other issues using this resolution as well.

I added a “Patches Welcome” ticket state, what do you think about that?

daryl

Sounds good. We should check if / make sure that people are able to attach patches, after we’ve resolved the issue using that resolution. Probably won’t be a problem.

Hi Benjamin and Chris,

Jive SBS needs to be setup to highlight these new Openfire tickets

OF-1

daryl

TINDER-1 also

JIRA hilighting enabled for projects OF-2 and TINDER-2 .