Idle Timeout needed (with reward)

Is there any plan to include an idle timeout feature into jive? If so, is there a timeframe?

It’‘s imperative to my implementation that users whose connections drop not appear to be still online for more than a minute or two (less is better). My client software (written in smack, thanks jive folks!) is already set to send a keepalive every 30 seconds… i’'m migrating from jabberd to jive but this is a major roadblock for me.

I’‘m prefectly willing to recompile the server and/or change linux TCP timeout settings if anyone has a quick (read: not in the main soruce tree) fix. I tried lowering the TCP timeouts under jabberd before i found the setting, but that didn’'t help me.

A working solution will get you as many points as i can muster and possibly even a pizza. really.

thanks

-jerm

Message was edited by:

jerm

bump.

anyone have an idea where i could start? any devs know if it’'d be something tough to implement in general?

Hey jerm,

We created the issue JM-486 for this new feature. It may be included in the next release of the server.

Thanks,

– Gato

thanks!

jerm,

Can we send you an address for the pizza once it’'s done? Heh.

-Matt

Sure. how quickly can you get it released?

Hey jerm,

The code has been checked in and is now available in SVN. However, we are currently doing major changes to the server code so you may want to wait until the next release is available. The plan is to have the next release out this week.

Regards,

– Gato

Could someone post the name of the system property that needs to be set in order to enable this feature? Just upgraded to 2.4, and would love to roll this out.

Thanks,

jason

Jason,

It should be enabled by default.

Regards,

Matt

Matt,

Thanks for the quick reply. Just for future reference, what is the system property that controls this feature (enable/disable/duration)?

Thanks,

jason

Jason,

The property is “xmpp.client.idle”. If you set that value to “-1” then it will disable the feature. Otherwise, the time is measured in milliseconds.

Regards,

Matt