Ignite Launch Plan

Hi there,

I work with the Jive team as the product manager for the real-time communication projects we’‘re involved in. As Matt has mentioned before we’‘re going to be launching a new community site to ignite real-time communication. I wanted to bring you into the process so that we don’'t have too many surprises as we migrate from jivesoftware.org to the Ignite site.

Over the next couple of weeks we’‘ll bring up the Ignite site. Once it is up with content and downloads (the downloads will still be available at jivesoftware.org for a while, too) we’'ll then switch the forums from jivesoftware.org to Ignite. At that point the forums will exist only on the Ignite site and the jivesoftware.org forums will redirect to Ignite.

Following these two steps we’‘ll migrate SVN and JIRA. We’'ll be leaving the update checking services on jivesoftware.org indefinitely, although they will also be available on Ignite.

As always, let us know what you think!

Cheers,

Greg

Its good to see Jive expanding, keep up the good work.

It is nice to hear, that I can hear my friends voice through wildfire, is the new release will available with free licencse or only with enterprise license.

Hi,

The new release is for a new website for the projects hosted here at jivesoftware.org. It will be available to people just like this site is.

Cheers,

Greg

what software is actually being used for the igniterealtime.org website? is it jive forum?

Hi SlowIce,

The software powering these forums is Jive Forums Gold. The rest of the website is JSP and servlet-based, and the XMPP server is Wildfire :).

Cheers,

Greg