IM Gateway plugin 1.0.2 released!

The plugin does indeed have a Russian translation.

• And I don`t need it…

So did you check under “Language and Time” in your openfire admin console and find out that it is indeed set to Russian?

• It is set to English.

That is stable bug - my friend update plugin on another FreeBSD server and have same problems.

Message was edited by: nongrate

Ok. If it’'s set to english, exactly what problems are you seeing? What does the text read as on the installed plugins page? What charset issues are occuring? Is it -not- showing in english when it should be showing as english?

IM ??? ( I think it is “IM gateway” - by location)

That is description -

??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? IM ???

Version -

Author -

Daniel Henninger

That is NO Russian text… that is thash, which can`t be decoded

Yikes, that almost sounds like a corrupt download/install. Hrm. I’'m rather baffled . . . I have no idea what would have caused this to occur. Anyone else on the forum have any ideas?

We find core of problem - at /usr/local/share/java/openfire/plugins/gateway/i18n plugin create file “gateway_i18n_ru_RU.properties”.

1. Delete that file

2. Restart server

I think, “RU” was taken from locale… but for what - don`t know…

Hrm. So openfire is apparently trying to “help” by detecting your locale. Bah.

Russian have the wise saying - “Service by Bear”

Excuse me, but do You have a plans for correct bug with ICQ autorizations requests?

It’'s on my todo list (in the issue tracker). Beyond that, I can never quote timeframes since this is done in my spare time.

Thanks, waiting impatiently

What happened to the Google talk and XMPP gateways? After upgrading they have vanished.

They were never supposed to be in there in the first place. Jive released a version of the plugin that was still in heavy development. (if you look through the forum, you’‘ll see where I posted for everyone to redownload the plugin) They’'re far from completed. I am working on them though so expect to see them reappear when I actually consider them stable/functional. ;D

jadestorm wrote:

Hrm. So openfire is apparently trying to “help” by detecting your locale. Bah.

@jadestorm:

The plugin ignores the openfire-localsettings, it takes the settings of the system.

I already wrote this at http://www.igniterealtime.org/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=25876&tstart=0

I also noticed the translation is a little bit buggy, because it depends on the machine Openfire is running on. I have my openfire running with German locales but English setup.

The result? Openfire runs on English (all setupdialogs are English), but the setupdialogs of the gatewayplugin are German

Do you have any thoughts as to why? I’‘m not doing anything different from other plugins or even openfire itself. I’‘m calling JiveGlobals.whatever to get translations. I can’‘t really think of any reasons why it would be doing this unless it’'s happening with -all- plugins.

It’'s really get locale from system. My locale

LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R

LC_CTYPE=“ru_RU.KOI8-R”

LC_NUMERIC=“ru_RU.KOI8-R”

LC_TIME=“ru_RU.KOI8-R”

LC_COLLATE=“ru_RU.KOI8-R”

LC_MONETARY=“ru_RU.KOI8-R”

LC_MESSAGES=“ru_RU.KOI8-R”

LC_PAPER=“ru_RU.KOI8-R”

LC_NAME=“ru_RU.KOI8-R”

LC_ADDRESS=“ru_RU.KOI8-R”

LC_TELEPHONE=“ru_RU.KOI8-R”

LC_MEASUREMENT=“ru_RU.KOI8-R”

LC_IDENTIFICATION=“ru_RU.KOI8-R”

LC_ALL=

My kernel:

Linux host 2.6.19-gentoo-r5 #1 Tue Feb 20 10:57:07 YEKT 2007 i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.26GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

My JDK:

1.5.0_10 Sun Microsystems Inc. – Java HotSpot™ Server VM

My system: Gentoo Linux

Message example:

IM ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? IM ???

May you recode messages twice?

I really think there’‘s a good chance I just encoded it wrong. That said, I still don’‘t understand why it’‘s getting the locale from the OS. I mean it sorta makes sense that it might try that, but then why isn’'t it doing it for the rest of the admin interface? Do you happen to know if messages sent via XMPP are translated or not?

(I’'m referring to messages from the gateway itself, like error messages or something like that)

Message was edited by: jadestorm

Gateway working good (meaning recode), body of messages not corrupted.

Hrm. well, GATE-225 =)

It’'s happen in admin interface and message from IM gateway.