IM Gateway Plugin 1.0 Beta 5 Released!

Hi folk!

1.0 Beta 5 is now available from the beta plugins page. This release includes quite a few bug fixes and a lot of improvements to handling of contacts. (for example, all operations done with MSN contacts should now function correctly… moving between groups, nicknames, that sort of thing) Most of the system properties shown in the appropriate wiki page are now functional as well. Please see the changelog and readme for more details!

Please note that any of the folk testing against SVN while I was developing 1.0 Beta 5 may have to re-register with the transports. We were experimenting with a concept that we ended up turning off.

Spark users only, as of the next release of Spark (I assume), if you register from Spark you will not have the transports in your roster. This is an experimental feature we are working on for a smoother/cleaner feel for the transports. It is only supported in “future Spark”. One caveat to this is that if you register from Spark and then log in via another client, you will not log into the transports. If you are a person who dances between clients, I would recommend registering with “not Spark”. =) Users of Spark though, when that new release comes out please try it out! It’'s pretty nifty!

Daniel

Aww crap, and yes, sorry folk, I forgot to do the known bugs thing in the changelog like I had planned.

Couple of them are as follows:

• GATE-104: I don’‘t know if this inputerror is fixed yet. I couldn’'t reproduce it. So please let me know.

• GATE-112: The yahoo bad friend parse is probably still happening. I -really- need to talk to someone who’‘s actually experiencing this with their own yahoo account. If you are one of these people, I need a list of the contacts on your list. If you wouldn’'t mind, please log into a real yahoo client and write down the list of contacts (both online and offline) on your list and private message them to me (or email at jadestorm@nc.rr.com)

• GATE-8 and GATE-7: Web interface options, tests, and permissions are not implemented yet. Just there for show.

• GATE-119: AIM/ICQ contact deletions are not yet supported.

• GATE-118: AIM/ICQ “this person added me” notifications are not yet supported.

• GATE-113: ICQ offline message retrieval is not yet supported.

Those are the big ones off the top of my head.

Good work, I’'ve updated directly and will report if i get my ICQ back on login me on

Any reason why min. required version is Wildfire 3.1.1 and not 3.1.0 ?

dna wrote:

Any reason why min. required version is Wildfire 3.1.1 and not 3.1.0 ?

Oh thank you, I forgot to speak on that. It was bumped to 3.1.1 because there are fixes in Wildfire 3.1.1 that make the transport work correctly with LDAP. I up the minimum required version to “whatever minimum wildfire version should cause no problems”.

Ah, ok.

Now i try to move a MSN user from the group “msn” to “Buddys”.

With the first one it works, with the second following error occurs:

MSN error: ErrorCode 213 , User already or not in group

outgoing : REM 14 FL a08fa120-ffe0-4163-b052-36e6ce04e33b 7c080a3e-0d5f-4773-8601-c8d61820c4bc

incoming : 213 14

dna wrote:

Ah, ok.

Now i try to move a MSN user from the group “msn” to “Buddys”.

With the first one it works, with the second following error occurs:

MSN error: ErrorCode 213 , User already or not in group

outgoing : REM 14 FL a08fa120-ffe0-4163-b052-36e6ce04e33b 7c080a3e-0d5f-4773-8601-c8d61820c4bc

incoming : 213 14

Define “first one” and “second” first what? second what? =) Second user you try to move from one group to another?

right, 2 users

Sorry but the issue with yahoo has not been fixed. Still get the error below:

2006.11.10 14:10:20 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.protocols.yahoo.YahooSessionListener.inputExce ptionThrown(YahooSessionListener.java:191) Input error from yahoo: Source: InputThread

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:113)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:256)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:313)

at ymsg.network.YMSG9InputStream.readBuffer(Unknown Source)

at ymsg.network.YMSG9InputStream.readPacket(Unknown Source)

at ymsg.network.DirectConnectionHandler.receivePacket(Unknown Source)

at ymsg.network.Session$InputThread.run(Unknown Source)

maybe beta 6…

dna wrote:

right, 2 users

Hrm. Can you get me some debug logs during the two transactions? (assuming you can duplicate the behavior easily)

snowman386 wrote:

Sorry but the issue with yahoo has not been fixed. Still get the error below:

2006.11.10 14:10:20 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.protocols.yahoo.YahooSessionListener.inputExce ptionThrown(YahooSessionListener.java:191) Input error from yahoo: Source: InputThread

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:113)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:256)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:313)

at ymsg.network.YMSG9InputStream.readBuffer(Unknown Source)

at ymsg.network.YMSG9InputStream.readPacket(Unknown Source)

at ymsg.network.DirectConnectionHandler.receivePacket(Unknown Source)

at ymsg.network.Session$InputThread.run(Unknown Source)

maybe beta 6…

When does this occur again?

a few minutes after i register with the yahoo transport.

I don’‘t suppose there’'s any way you could get me a tcpdump output file of the communication between the plugin and Yahoo could you? (basically just recording all traffic on port 5050 until the error occurs)

I will be out of the office until wednesday. I will try to get the information you requested when i return.

GATE-82 not fixed too .

trk wrote:

GATE-82 not fixed too .

;D That would be why it’'s not marked as closed. Dooh. Should have mentioned that one in my list of “things not fixed yet”. Sorry about that! Thanks for mentioning it!

Message was edited by: jadestorm

How can i use this GateWay in Flash. I m using XIFF Flash component to communicate with WildFire Server.

I haven’'t worked with XIFF before, but basically you would just follow the procedures outlined in XEP-0100, gateway registrations. (XIFF may even have an easy way to handle this)

Logging only works on the Spark client conversation. Replies from MSN users are not being logged. Is this being addressed?

GATE-164 =) (note that it affects all of them, not just ICQ)