IM Gateway Plugin 1.1.0 Released!

Hi folk! Many thanks to all of those who were helping me test along the way and I believe you all’‘s testing has made this a wonderfully solid release! At least that’‘s what I’'m hoping. ;D The release is available on the standard plugins download page at this time: http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/plugins.jsp

This release included a grande total of 85 issues being closed! (not to mention those that were never recorded as an issue!) The change log includes the details but let me go over the highlights!

• New Google Talk Transport

• New XMPP Transport (For an arbitrary other XMPP server to connect to)

• New Gadu-Gadu Transport

• New SIP/SIMPLE Transport

• Yahoo Transport promoted to stable (thanks to the OpenYMSG folk!)

• Much less traffic generated by transports

• XMLRPC interface available for writing your own web interface for transport registrations

• IRC now has MUC support so you can join IRC chatrooms

• Plus a whole lot more fixes, improvements to the inner workings, etc!

I hope you all enjoy the new version! Let me know what issues you run into! Some of the new stuff was hard for me to test (like SIMPLE) so it would help me a lot to know some real life scenarios where you all might be using it!

Note: I am not on the same time zone as the Jive folk and as a result the plugin may not be available for a bit. Please check back later if 1.1.0 isn’'t available on the download page. (likewise, your openfire installs should show the update soon)

Note2: I’'ll go ahead and attach the release to this post ;D

Great release, thanks.

Hi Daniel, great work… thx

can i ask about the MSN display name? is there any chance of it sending out the nickname instead of using the name of the one you signed up with? infact, some people have reported that it uses a random name…

A random name? It’‘s hard to tell what’‘s “right” unfortunately. There’‘s DisplayName and PersonalName or something like that and it’'s not clear what should be used when. =/

yeh, some users have reported that a random name is used, a name that is not even remotely related to them.

Looking better, but wanted to let you know the issue with Yahoo status messages being assigned to the wrong person is still showing up. Tried it in spark and pandion, same result.

winsrev wrote:

yeh, some users have reported that a random name is used, a name that is not even remotely related to them.

Hrm. Like what do they end up saying? (what’'s the name look like)

shutchi2 wrote:

Looking better, but wanted to let you know the issue with Yahoo status messages being assigned to the wrong person is still showing up. Tried it in spark and pandion, same result.

It is? crap! I couldn’'t duplicate it anymore after that last update that theoretically fixed it. Guess I need to bug the openymsg people. Any rhyme or reason to it as far as you can tell?

Nothing consistent that I can see. I can log out and log right back in and they’‘re ok. But if I’'m logged out for a while and then log back in, the status messages seem to be randomly assigned.

shutchi2 wrote:

Nothing consistent that I can see. I can log out and log right back in and they’‘re ok. But if I’'m logged out for a while and then log back in, the status messages seem to be randomly assigned.

Is -that- consistent? (being logged out for a while and it occuring upon login)

Yes, that’'s the only consistency I see.

How long do you typically wait during such a “wait a while” period?

I haven’'t clocked that per se, but usualy involves several hours.

Apparently a lot of people here have been experiencing time-outs or disconnects with the MSN portion of the gateway.

I have managed to reproduce this several times today, but not icolated the problem in the debug.log yet.

So, I’ll sign into MSN through Spark and all is well, I can chat. If I walk away from the computer for say 15 minutes, and someone signs in or out, my roster does not update, then offcourse I cannot speak with any MSN contacts on my list.

If I hit the butterfly and sign out, then sign in, it reconnects me only to drop the connection as soon as I walk away from the computer.

So i talked to a couple folks here and they figure it’s been doing this for about 2 weeks now. I realize thats a crumby time table, but I’m just saying it’s probably been around since beta 4 of 1.1.0

Anyway I will work on getting some logs to you tomorrow unless you have any idea what’s happening here from my description.

Hi Josh, I assume this is with Spark? What version of Spark? At one point Spark would set your priority to -1 when you went idle, which would… I vaguely remember it would be as if you went offline from the transports perspective. I’d love to see your logs though.

I’m using 2.5.5 but all other staff are using 2.5.4. I actually have not tried another client, I will give PSI a shot in the morning. Logs are on their way

I took a quick peek at the log and seems 2.5.4 is setting priority to 0 instead of-1 for Away due to Idle…

Hi,

I’m having the same disconnect problem with 1.1.0 when using Pandion client. This does not happen to the 1.0.2 plugin. Any idea what could have caused it? I’m thinking of reverting back to 1.0.2 but cannot find this version in the download page. Where can I find it if I need to revert? Thanks.

Well such is my life, I can not duplicate this behavior. =( (Using Spark either on a Mac or on Windows) Well here’s a copy of 1.0.2 in the meantime but if you -can- afford to stay with me with 1.1.0, I’d love y’all’s help in tracking down what’s going on.

Josh I got your debug logs and am looking them over. (well I should say will be looking them over =) )
gateway.jar (684697 Bytes)

Hi,

Thanks for the 1.0.2 plugin. I’ll love to stay with release 1.1.0 to help you to debug and track down the problem. My problem is always when Pandion sets my status to auto-away due to inactivity, my MSN connection will disconnect (it should set my status as Idle but not disconnect). Even when I start using my system and Pandion’s status changes back to Available, my MSN connection do not come back.

Let me know how to start a debug for you to trace the problem.