IM Gateway Plugin 1.1.2 Released!

Hey,

I built this from scratch (as I needed to patch it with some of our changes) and generally it looks really great, thanks!

One thing I’ve noticed tho…

being signed in through the gateway IM and being signed in on GTalk (in my gmail screen) seems to result in weird issues. I was sent a message from another gtalk (in gmail) user that appeared on both clients - but on the gateway IM based client the user shows up as offline.

Could this be related to jabber priorities? Do you have any idea why this user shows up as offine? - I’ve not started the debugging of this yet - will do that soon though.

Mike

drmessano wrote:

Ok, I thought maybe you hadn’t installed the spark plugin for the extra gateways yet.

Yes. I havent installed extra plugin, because XMPP gateway is already working in Spark, unlike IRC, Gadu-Gadu or SIMPLE. It works like ICQ or MSN do, but it shows up in my roster in Transports group (like all transports were doing in the early Gateway versions). Should i install extra plugin to get rid of that entry in my roster? I thought XMPP gateway is fully supported by Spark.

Ah, duh… My bad… Yes, XMPP is in Spark without the extragateways plugin. I guess since I installed it so quickly after I upgraded Spark to 2.5.6, I was lost.

I just uninstalled the plugin and the icon is there for XMPP and working. I do not see the XMPP gateway in my roster.

Yes, yes! GATE-195 is fixed! Thanks!