IM Gateway Plugin 1.2.4 released!

Hi folk! This is going to be short 'cause I’m tired. The IM Gateway plugin 1.2.4 has been released, including some big fixes for MSN and Google Talk. Primarily though, it includes a required API update to work with Openfire 3.6.0. So you will need Openfire 3.6.0 to use this new version so get updating! As usual, the new version can be downloaded from the plugins page, or via your Openfire admin consoles.

Hi there!

There’s a small bug in the database upgrade script for version 10 of the plugin.

You use (double quote)

UPDATE ofGatewayRestrictions SET transportType = “simple” WHERE transportType = “sip”;

instead of (single quote)

UPDATE ofGatewayRestrictions SET transportType = ‘simple’ WHERE transportType = ‘sip’;

I’ve attached a patch that fixes it for every database.

Hope that helps!!
patch_gateway_upgrade_version_10.patch (8929 Bytes)

Crap. Thank you!

Since upgrading to Openfire 3.6.0 and IM Gateway 1.2.4 (including a and b) I cant get my MSN buddy list to work. The gateway shows up as online but all my buddies are missing. Yahoo! on the other hand is working fine.

I tried a complete unistall and reinstall of Openfire and IM Gateway with no luck. I tried registering a new user and using the service there but still no luck. And the logs don’t show any errors, what is less helpful.

There’s another thread talking about this — first off, make sure you are running 1.2.4b at this point. That said, there was a protocol bug found in the underlying library that the IM gateway plugin uses which I am fixing now, so I’ll probably be releasing a 1.2.4c soon. =)

Something is not working right, some users can use the IM gateway, some other login and the contact list never displays.

Something is wrong with 1.2.4b

Any ideas if 1.2.4c will fix this ?, when will it be released ?

Thanks

MSN? If it’s MSN, then yes, 1.2.4c will fix it. =)

Yes, its msn

any ETA ?

I actually posted an “early release” one here: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/message/178110#178110

=)

Thanks, will test it

It works! It works! Thank you!

Folks,

I’m having some problems in updating my ORACLE database… Look below:

SQL Commands:

CREATE INDEX ofGatewayPseudoRoster_regid_idx ON ofGatewayPseudoRoster (registrationID);
CREATE INDEX ofGatewayPseudoRoster_uname_idx ON ofGatewayPseudoRoster (username);
CREATE INDEX ofGatewayRestrictions_ttype_idx ON ofGatewayRestrictions (transportType);
CREATE INDEX ofGatewayRestrictions_uname_idx ON ofGatewayRestrictions (username);

Errors:

Error starting at line 1 in command:
CREATE INDEX ofGatewayPseudoRoster_regid_idx ON ofGatewayPseudoRoster (registrationID)
Error at Command Line:1 Column:13
Error report:
SQL Error: ORA-00972: identifier is too long
00972. 00000 - “identifier is too long”
*Cause: An identifier with more than 30 characters was specified.
*Action: Specify at most 30 characters.

Error starting at line 2 in command:
CREATE INDEX ofGatewayPseudoRoster_uname_idx ON ofGatewayPseudoRoster (username)
Error at Command Line:2 Column:13
Error report:

Error starting at line 3 in command:
CREATE INDEX ofGatewayRestrictions_ttype_idx ON ofGatewayRestrictions (transportType)
Error at Command Line:3 Column:13
Error report:

Error starting at line 4 in command:
CREATE INDEX ofGatewayRestrictions_uname_idx ON ofGatewayRestrictions (username)
Error at Command Line:4 Column:13
Error report:

Regards,

Eduardo

Hrm. What version of oracle? It worked in oracle 10. Try just shortening all of the index names in the script. that should get you going!

eduardo wrote:

Folks,

I’m having some problems in updating my ORACLE database… Look below:

SQL Commands:

CREATE INDEX ofGatewayPseudoRoster_regid_idx ON ofGatewayPseudoRoster (registrationID);
CREATE INDEX ofGatewayPseudoRoster_uname_idx ON ofGatewayPseudoRoster (username);
CREATE INDEX ofGatewayRestrictions_ttype_idx ON ofGatewayRestrictions (transportType);
CREATE INDEX ofGatewayRestrictions_uname_idx ON ofGatewayRestrictions (username);

Errors:

Error starting at line 1 in command:
CREATE INDEX ofGatewayPseudoRoster_regid_idx ON ofGatewayPseudoRoster (registrationID)
Error at Command Line:1 Column:13
Error report:

Error starting at line 2 in command:
CREATE INDEX ofGatewayPseudoRoster_uname_idx ON ofGatewayPseudoRoster (username)
Error at Command Line:2 Column:13
Error report:

Error starting at line 3 in command:
CREATE INDEX ofGatewayRestrictions_ttype_idx ON ofGatewayRestrictions (transportType)
Error at Command Line:3 Column:13
Error report:

Error starting at line 4 in command:
CREATE INDEX ofGatewayRestrictions_uname_idx ON ofGatewayRestrictions (username)
Error at Command Line:4 Column:13
Error report:

Regards,

Eduardo

Daniel,

My database version is: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.3.0 - 64bit.

May I really shorten all the index names?

Regards,

Eduardo

Yes, but just the index names themselves, don’t touch the table or column names. If you shorten the index names you should be good to go.

10g? That’s the exact version I tested against!!!

Daniel,

Thanks for the quick fix MSN is working and everyone happy again.

I’m glad to hear it’s working! I’d like to hear a few more report-backs on it and then I guess I’ll release it as 1.2.4d (sigh). =) It’s odd that this isn’t working to me because the person who added MSNP15 support is actively using the library as is with a standalone client. In theory, there shouldn’t be a difference.

I have a problem with the presence status.

I try the 1.2.4c version and see that the presence status is not correctly handled.

If change to away or dnd, for one second is shown away or dnd (on the messenger) and then is going again available (online).

I tried it with 2 different Hotmail accounts with the same result.

Please check it if possible.

(Openfire 3.6.0a, Spark 2.6.0 Beta 1, Windows Messenger 4.7)

Thanks

i just tried 1.2.4.d without problems.

It seems to be ok now with the presence status