IM Gateway Problems With MSN

First, I’m a n00b here. So please be gentle. Second, I’m trying to resolve a problem I am having with the Openfire IM Gateway plugin. Before I describe the problem, let me outline the infrastructure:

• Openfire 3.5.0

• Using internal HSQLDB (for now)

• Openfire is running on Windows Server 2003 R2 (within a VMWare farm)

• Clients are currently using Spark 2.5.8

• External connectivity (to public IM networks) is passed through an Akonix L7 gateway

The problem I am having is as follows: Spark client can successfully connect and interoperate with both AOL and Yahoo! Messenger. However, I am receiving errors when attempting to connect with MSN (message = “You were disconencted from the MSN service”). As a note, I have all possible MSN servers identified and redirected (via DNS) trhough our Akonix system. I have the main messenger.hotmail.com name(and port 1863) setup in the gateway configuration. I have attached a debug log that may prove helpful. As a final note, I can successfully access MSN via the Live Messenger client (which also goes through the Akonix). I don’t think it’s a gateway issue (although I have sent this info to Akonix, just in case).

So here is my question: is anyone else runnig into problems with IM gateway and MSN? If you have had problems, where should I turn for further assistance.

Thanks,

Lorin Olsen

My MSN is working fine via Openfire 3.5.0 and Spark 2.5.8 going through a Cisco firewall. My server is NAT addressed to a 10.x.x.x address which is available outside our network via port forwarding.