I''m not able to log into my jabber server or google talk server

Hi, All !

I’'m not able to log into my jabber server (pager.hongye.com) or google talk server

using smack any more. but already used smack2.0 version , why ?

XMPPConnection.DEBUG_ENABLED = true;

XMPPConnection con= new XMPPConnection(“pager.hongye.com”,5522);

//GoogleTalkConnection con=new GoogleTalkConnection();

con.login("hongye@pager.hongye.com","xxx");

con.createChat("zhuam@pager.hongye.com").sendMessage("Hello World!");

send packet:

(XMPPConnection.java:146)

at test.main(test.java:18)

I ‘’ am used smack1.5 package is ok !

send packets:

Message was edited by:

zhuam

Hey zhuam,

You have run into this issue SMACK-82. Basically, the server is not offering TLS but it says that it is XMPP 1.0 compliant. We are going to provide a fix for this problem soon. Meanwhile you may want to enable TLS on the server. Oh, and remember that the login parameter is just the username not username@server.

Regards,

– Gato

Thanks gaston !

Yes , login parameter is username not username@server.

Google enable TLS on the server ,but I am not connect on the server(talk.google.com:5222) , Google Talk IM connect is normal .

====================================

XMPPError connecting to talk.google.com:5222.: (502)

– caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.(JabberHongye.java:27)

at com.uptech.hongye.JabberHongye.main(JabberHongye.java:21)

Message was edited by:

zhuam

null

Hey zhuam,

Have you tried doing a telnet to talk.google.com on port 5222? Smack is just trying to open a socket to that address. Make sure that if you are using a firewall then you can connect to that address and port.

Regards,

– Gato

Hey Gota,

telnet to talk.google.com on port 5222 , is not able to open connet , I think should be a firewall problem , but why did him(Google Talk) can connect on the server(google server).

I had the same issue. Google Talk works even if 5222 is blocked. My network sniffer isnt working at the moment, so I can’'t check, but I have read on the web that if there is no 5222 it uses 80 or 443.

I’'d be interested to find out if Google Talk is using HTTP traffic over port 80 for IM (using http binding etc), or if they just do normal XMPP traffic over port 80. If anyone hooks up a sniffer, let us know.

-Matt

Thanks matt !

cool ! HTTP binding !