IMAP authentication

Hello,

For now, I use ejabberd and an external script to do my auth. The script try to open a connection to our IMAP mail server and if the authentication is successfull, then it valids the jabber connection.

I know we can use a POP3 server with Wildfire, but what about an IMAP server ? Is it possible ? If no, is it possible to use a custom script to do the auth ?

Thanks.

Hi Ohmer,

Out-of-the-box Wildfire cannot authenticate against IMAP. However, it would be pretty easy to write your own AuthProvider using the existing POP3AuthProvider as a template.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Hum, will see that. Hope it’'s not too hard to adapt to IMAP.

I’'m thinking it might not be hard at all. For testing purposes all you may have to do is change this line:

store = session.getStore(useSSL ? "pop3s" : "pop3");

to this:

store = session.getStore("imap");

Cheers,

Ryan

I cannot spent time on this for the moment. I will check this when I will have time.

Thanks for your help !

If you’'re on UNIX, you could use PAM via the native authentication provider, and use an IMAP module within PAM.

It’'s on Mac OS X.

Where are the files for the auth providers? Should I download the sources packages ? I didn’'t find anything in the binaries package for Linux/Unix.

Ohmer wrote:

It’'s on Mac OS X.

Where are the files for the auth providers? Should I download the sources packages ? I didn’'t find anything in the binaries package for Linux/Unix.

First, you have to enable the Native providers in Wildfire, and point the NativeAuth provider to the name of your PAM file.

Copy libshaj.jnilib from /wildfire/resources/nativeAuth/osx-ppc into /wildfire/lib

Create a file named “wildfire” in /etc/pamd.d . In that file, reference the PAM modules you want to use for authentication; see the other files for hints, or visit the Google. This will be a bit difficult on OSX, as Apple doesn’'t give you the IMAP module. You may have to compile yourself, or find a compiled binary somewhere.

Message was edited by: atlauren

Hello,

I finally found how to use our OpenLDAP directory. So, I use it to do the Wildfire authentication.

Thanks.

So how did you do it?

I’'m interested in integrating to our MS Server

Hi,

does your MS Server offer an “ActiveDirecory”? Then the LDAP Guide will be fine for you, and take also a look here.

LG

Wow… this is where I slap myself for not doing my homework. Got to this forum through a google search rather than direct and the doc was wonderful! All setup