Implementing Extensions - File Transfer again

Hi all,

I am writing a XMPP client using Smack. My app support file transfer function. I’‘ve read Smack docs and some comments about file transfer you’‘ve posted in the forum. I decide to implement JEPs 0095 and SOCK5. However, when I send the XML Negotiation IQ packet to recipient app, the reply is service not support even though I’'ve activate the byte stream service on the recipient app. I use Jive 2.0 as my test server.

So, my question is : Jive does not support IQ extensions for negotiation IQ packet ? or there’'re something wrong with my app ?

Merry Chrismas !

regards,

Nick.

Hey Nick,

Make sure that you are sending the IQ to a full JID. That means that you are including a resource in the TO address. Otherwise the server will handle the IQ packet and respond with a service-unavailable error.

Regards,

– Gato

Hey Gato,

Thanks for your reply. I’'ve got it.

I’'ve looked around the forum for file transfer. You said that with the JEP-0047, server is required. However, we can use it without server supporting. Can you give me some suggestions?

regards,

Nick.

Hey Nick,

You should use url=http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0079.htmlAdvanced Message Processing[/url] to ensure that the data packet is not spooled or sent to the wrong resource. The Advanced Message Processing is a feature provided by the server. However, you may trust that the server will do what you want and not use that functionality as it seems to be your case.

I think that depending on your requirements you may avoid having to use Advanced Message Processing and just send the message with the included file just like any regular message. Though you should have in mind the “risk” that you are taking.

Regards,

– Gato

Hi Gato,

Thanks for your reply.

Merry Chrismas !

Regards.

–Hung Truong.