Import-Export plugin not working (linux)

How can i help? Maybe you need some part of my DB?

Possibly, what DB are you using?

Also, could you PM me your email address so I can send you a special build of the plugin with some more debug info.

Thanks,

Ryan

i undestand that this could be the easiest way to test for “weird characters”, but i cant do this, we have already deployed it and it must function and i cant risc with that. beside i’‘m not working at night:) And now i’'m sitting home with Win2000 box. Well, i have tried to create one more user on my home test JM installation wit h baltic character in Name. It was exported, but not correctly:

littest

test

Lit???

BTW, this substatus shows what group user belongs to? “1” means no group?

Embedded-DB

i’'ll PM you my email

i undestand that this could be the easiest way to

test for “weird characters”, but i cant do this, we

have already deployed it and it must function and i

cant risc with that. beside i’'m not working at

night:) And now i’'m sitting home with Win2000 box.

Well, i have tried to create one more user on my home

test JM installation wit h baltic character in Name.

Okay, sounds reasonable (production environment). The problem with the local test of course is

a) it’'s a different OS

b) you have special chars in your nick but - who knows what crazy ideas your users had…

Well - everythings just a wild guess, I hope the debug build of the plugin can help you. But if you cannot reproduce the problem on your home box you won’'t be able to test it now, right?

Considering the “I’'m not working at night”: No idea what time is it for you. 21:46 here and I’'m still at work…

Embedded-DB

Ok, cool. I just might have you send me your messenger.script file.

i’'ll PM you my email

I’'ll make some tweaks and get the plugin sent off to you.

Thanks,

Ryan

PS - The “1” = The roster owner has a subscription to the roster item’'s presence.

Message was edited by:

ryang

DarKlajid, i understand it’‘s different, but plugin works not correctly with win2000 already, well it seems to me like that. In this nickname i have used all specific baltic letters our language has:) BTW, auto registration is disabled, i’'m filling DB by myself. In addition, group names contains such characters too.

Considering the “I’'m not working at night”: No idea what time is it for you. 21:46 here and I’'m still at work…

Pfff… it’‘s my English again:) nevermind this too. BTW, for me it’‘s about 23:00. And i’'m working 8:30 - 17:30 (one hour for lunch):wink:

so i got up today with a bit clear mind:) Well, maybe plugins works fine. I’‘m talking about testing at home. because i’‘m using Russian Regional Settings not Lithuanian. So maybe it’'s just text editor didnt undestand these characters in xml. Have tried to create user with russian chars and it shows fine. Actually text editor shows it ok. But IE refuses to open such xml and Firefox still shows “???” instead of name. Hm… Hadnt enough time to test it with Lithuanian Reg.Settings. Had to run to catch my bus:D

Ok, so today i’'ll try to find a minute and test Export with Ryang customized plugin. Stay tuned;)

that’‘s strange. I cant delete userImportExport plugin out of AC. After refresh it’'s still here. And it stays in plugins directory.

So, probably i’'ll try to stop JM for a minute. have to warn all online users first.

Do you have an xml with regional characters? All “special” characters should be converted to entities imho. Something like © …

Since I don’'t have the plugin source: Ryan? Do you mask the strings? If not: Intentionally not?

Ben

i dont have xml here at work, because i cant export. At home it shows ??? instead of chars (i’'ll try Lithuanian Reg.Settings tonight). But with russian chars, when opening exported xml with text editor it shows only letters without any entities.

Well, i guess i cant give you messenger.script file Ryan. No offence, it’'s just a procedure:)

I have looked it through. Names of users are written in such manner:

INSERT INTO JIVEUSER VALUES(’‘username’’,’‘pwd’’,’'Name S\u016bnaitien\u$…

baltic chars are written with entities like \u016b , \u0117 etc.

testing lithuanian at Jive Forum:

ą č ę ė į š ų ū ž

$ ps aux | grep jive

jive 2992 0.2 73.9 315596 43324 ? Sl Jun07 7:14 /opt/java/jre/b

root 3474 0.0 0.0 6080 56 ? Ss 15:27 0:00 sshd: jive [pri

jive 3476 0.0 0.5 6080 304 ? S 15:27 0:01 sshd: jive@pts/

jive 3477 0.0 1.3 4936 812 pts/0 Ss 15:27 0:00 -bash

jive 4033 0.0 1.4 4344 832 pts/0 R+ 17:20 0:00 ps aux

jive 4034 0.0 0.9 3556 580 pts/0 S+ 17:20 0:00 grep jive

Hi Ben,

Since I don’'t have the plugin source:

The plugin source is actually available via cvs so you can take a look at it if you want, but I haven’‘t checked in the changes that I sent to Wroot, I’'m waiting to see if they made any difference.

Do you mask the strings? If not: Intentionally not?

Actually, this is one of the changes I made in the version I sent to Wroot.

Thanks,

Ryan

Well, i guess i cant give you messenger.script file

Ryan. No offence, it’'s just a procedure:)

No problem, I completely understand. It’‘ll just add to the challenge of figuring out why you’'re having these troubles.

Going back to the permissions issue, does the export directory have the same permissions as the log directory? I’‘m thinking that if the revised plugin I sent you doesn’'t work I can send you another version that uses the log directory instead.

Thanks,

Ryan

not working with 1.0.1 - beta too.

Info Log:

2005.06.09 17:38:49 exportUserData() file = userdb

2005.06.09 17:38:49 exportUserData() - prep XMLWriter

2005.06.09 17:38:49 exportUserData() - close XMLWriter

Of course i can test it with logs dir, but there is one problem. that i cant delete this plugin within AC. I really cant stop my server every time i need to test something:)

Ok, it seems i can delete it (through ssh) with server online. So i’'m ready for testing, but only tomorrow.

not working with 1.0.1 - beta too.

Info Log:

2005.06.09 17:38:49 exportUserData() file = userdb

2005.06.09 17:38:49 exportUserData() - prep

XMLWriter

2005.06.09 17:38:49 exportUserData() - close

XMLWriter

Ok, it’‘s definitely a permissions issue, an IOException is being thrown which basically means it can’'t create the output file.

Of course i can test it with logs dir, but there is

one problem. that i cant delete this plugin within

AC. I really cant stop my server every time i need to

test something:)

I completely understand. I think I know what was preventing you from deleting the plugin and will have that fixed for the next beta (which will write the export file to the logs directory) that I will send to you later today.

Thanks,

Ryan

ok, i will try it tomorrow. But first i’'ll try to delete export dir and create it with root user and then give it to jive user. because all other dirs (except those of plugins) were created/copied with root.

after i have deleted 1.0.1b1 version manually while server running yesterday, i cant install newest version. It doesnt show up in AC, and there is User Import&Export menu left in AC (not working though). I guess i have restart server to clean this up. But, today i’'m going to go out of work earlier, so i cant do this at the end of work… So will have to put off testing to the next week. I can only play with it at home with windows box.

1.0.1 beta 2 not exporting to logs dir too. Same lines in Info log.

1.0.1 beta 2 not exporting to logs dir too. Same lines in Info log.

Wow, I can’'t believe what a fight this thing is putting up… not being able to re-create the problem myself makes tracking down the problem a bit more difficult.

I’'ve re-written the way the export directory and file are created and have sent it to you. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Ryan