Import plugin

I’'m having problems with the import plugin. Ever time i try to import a file I get

The import file does not match the user schema.

Here is my file:

Server Version: Wildfire 2.6.2

User Import Export version: 2.0.2

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you

Hi,

it seems that one must include all fields, so you may want to look at the fields in export.xml.

LG

/code

I tried your example and still get:

Any more ideas on how to get user in from a import?

Thank you

Hi Brian,

There is a sample of what the import file should look like in the plugin’‘s url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/wildfire/plugins/userimportexport/readme.htmlreadme file[/url]. If the sample doesn’‘t work for you it’‘s possible that there are some bad characters in your file that the plugin doesn’'t know how to handle. What editor are you using to create your import file?

Thanks,

Ryan

ok, all I am getting closer I think. It looks like you have to have a >0 time for the dates. But know I can get one user to give me the message:

All users added successfully.

But the user is not added to the User Summary page. I’'ve stopped and restarted to make sure there was no caching problem, but still no luck.

It also errors when I add more then one user. for example:

Errors with:

But if I separate into 2 files, I can add one at a time.

Thank you for all the help.

Hi Brian,

I’‘m not having any trouble importing your users… there shouldn’'t be any problems with caching since the plugin uses the same mechanism to create users that is used when a user registers themselves via a client or an admin creates a user via the Admin Console. Something else you might want to try is to create a couple of users via the Admin Console, export that user information, edit the export data and then re-import.

Cheers,

Ryan

Ryan,

I’‘ve now got it working. I’'ve no idea what I was doing wrong, but all is good now.

Thank you all for the help.

Brian

I’‘m trying to import some data from my old jabberd2 server. The roster list contains alot of entries with Contact names in Russian. File is in UTF-8, but after import all Russian names in my client list are converted into ???’'s.

Hi,

it helps a lot to open a new thread if you have a completely new question. This thread is marked as answered so one may ignore your post completely.

Would you please post your Q again in a new thread and add some information about your database (mysql ?) and whether it supports unicode - for mysql some special settings should be done. What operating system are you using?

LG

Sorry, my bad. I’'ll repost it with all the necessary info.