Import Problem from XML file

I have been trying to get the user import feature to work and I have had no luck. It states that the xml file doesn’‘t match the schema, is there a blank template file for importing available, if so where? I have been able to make the export feature work but it seems to be a moot point if I can’'t import if it trouble arises.

Just as a side note, Apple should have used Wildfire’'s type of Jabber implantation on their OSX server. This product is awesome and it made dump Apples in about 10min. of use. (Running in on an Apple server - how the worm has turned)

Thanks,

Grant H.

Hi Grant,

There is an example of the import file included in the readme.html document. If you’‘re still having problems and could post the file you’'re attempting to import I could take a look at it.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Here is a sample of my import XML file

Message was edited by:

Grant Harris

Hi Grant,

I just tried your sample file and it imported fine. Which version of the plugin/Wildfire are you using?

Thanks,

Ryan

I am using “User Import Export 2.0.2” with “Wildfire 2.4.2” on a OS X.4.4 Server.

I am using “User Import Export 2.0.2” with "Wildfire

2.4.2" on a OS X.4.4 Server.

Strange… What editor are you using to create/edit your import file? I’'m wondering if it might be inserting characters or line breaks that could be tripping up the importer. I used url=http://macromates.com/TextMate[/url] to save your sample file but url=http://www.barebones.com/products/textwrangler/index.shtmlTextWrangler[/url] should work as well.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan,

I am using BBEdit 7.0 for my text editor, the big brother to TextWrangler.

Grant.

Ryan,

Well I finally got it to work! I needed to remove some unknown characters from the document. When I viewed the file and turned on show invisible items nothing strange was showing. So just for the heck of it I set the file to wrap and then the little gremlins appeared. Removed bad characters and reimported - Sweet mother of Pearl it worked!

Thanks for you help!!

Grant H.

Hi Grant,

Good to hear, I was running out of ideas.

Cheers,

Ryan

(Be sure to mark your question as answered and cough award any points. )