Incorrect JVM version in install4j config

Whilst looking around, I happened to notice that the build/installer/openfire.install4j file had the following entry …

javaMinVersion=“1.5”

Which I think should be at least 1.7, possibly 1.8 with Openfire 4.1 (which IIRC uses Jetty 9.3 which requires 1.8).

Similarly, the

appear to be hard-codedto Openfire 3.7.1 rather than 4.x …

Greg

i4jparams.conf in the installation folder has proper version number, although still has 1.5 as min Java version (not so critical in my view, though Openfire itself won’t run on that and i think it is more a requirement for installer to check on run). Installers are built with some other config, but i don’t know where exactly in Bamboo it is. And this file is probably for those who want to create their own install4j installers or just some legacy leftover file.

And this file is probably for those who want to create their own install4j installers or just some legacy leftover file.

I thought that the openfired.exe and associated service.exe files were created by install4j? Or are they created by another mechanism, now?

They are, but this is done on Build Dashboard - IgniteRealtime Bamboo which has its own install4j config file, which i assumed by looking into installation folder of Openfire/Spark on Windows, specifically Openfire\install4j\i4jparams.conf file which has the correct version number (which is reflected by correct version number in the Programs and Features list of programs). So i assume the one in the source was used at some point in the past (maybe before the move to Github, that’s why it still has 3.7.1 version in there) or maybe it is there for other developers to use to build their installers. But they will have to change the version number and other settings manually on their own.

Ah, OK, was just confused by the presence of this file. Sounds like it could be removed, but either way, I’ll just ignore it!