Installation error...pls help

I am having a problem installing openfire onto my server. Here is the latest error log. Any help is appreciated.

2008.05.15 14:34:49 [org.jivesoftware.database.EmbeddedConnectionProvider.getConnection(EmbeddedCon nectionProvider.java:57)

] EmbeddedConnectionProvider: Error while getting connection:

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:hsqldb:C:\Program Files\Openfire\embedded-db\openfire

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.DefaultConnectionBuilder.buildConnection(DefaultConn ectionBuilder.java:39)

at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.Prototyper.buildConnection(Prototyper.java:159)

at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.ConnectionPool.getConnection(ConnectionPool.java:211 )

at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.ProxoolDriver.connect(ProxoolDriver.java:89)

at org.jivesoftware.database.EmbeddedConnectionProvider.getConnection(EmbeddedConn ectionProvider.java:54)

at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.getConnection(DbConnectionManager .java:101)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.setup.setup_002ddatasource_002dsettings_jsp.tes tConnection(setup_002ddatasource_002dsettings_jsp.java:33)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.setup.setup_002ddatasource_002dsettings_jsp._js pService(setup_002ddatasource_002dsettings_jsp.java:156)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1093)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:66)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)

at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:42)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:70)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:99)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)

at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)

at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:206)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.j ava:828)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)

at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)

at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:450)

Can you provide more information regarding your environment?

Server OS

Database location (embedded or external)

If external DB what flavor (MySQL, MSSQL, etc)

Hi, thanks for the response. I provided you with the info you asked for.

Um… what do you mean you provided that information? I see reference to the embedded DB in your error log, but beyond that???

Sorry it must not have gone through.

Server OS is Linux

DB location is External

MySql

Hi,

I wonder how a “c:\program files…” message may appear on “Server OS is Linux”. Are you sure that his is the right error log?

Or did you copy an openfire.xml file from Windows to Linux?

It could help to change setup=true to false in conf/openfire.xml so Openfire should re-run the installation / setup process.

LG

Thank you for the response. Here is what I am attempting:

I have openfire on a windows based OS (xp) and need to install onto a linux based server (external).

I have created the database (mysql) on the server and have follwed the openfire installation guide. I have tried installing under both windows and linux instructions.

How can I execute a file on a linux server?