Installation help - Oracle driver error - didn''t see another post on this

I’'ve installed jive_messenger 2.3.1 on a CentOS 4 box. The app starts fine and I can access the web setup fine.

I have an oracle 9.2 server running on a different RHEL 4 box.

The CentOS box already had the oracle client loaded on it for a different app, so I know the two can talk to one another and find one another. I can connect to my oracle box via sqlplus using my jive username/password.

The problem is this:[/u]

On the web setup page, it says I have a bad driver:[/u]

Database Driver Presets:

JDBC Driver Class: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

The valid classname of your JDBC driver, ie: com.mydatabase.driver.MyDriver.

Unable to load the specified JDBC driver. Please verify the name of the driver is correct and that the driver is in the classpath of this server (usually the ‘‘lib’’ directory). If you add a driver to your classpath you will neeed to restart the server.[/b]

Database URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@spork.unterlaw.com:1521:ua

Username: jive

Password: ************

I downloaded the ojdbc14.jar file from oracle and put it in /opt/jive_messenger/lib. The permissions on it match the rest of the folder

-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 1200008 Dec 15 10:41 ojdbc14.jar

What am I missing?

rap1971 :

whether your jdbc driver don’'t find by wildfire,my oracle jdbc is classes12.jar,it is right in wildfire. you may try it.

-Tom

I am getting the same issue is it resolved??

You are posting in a topic that is 14 years old. I suggest better posting new one and provide as much information as possible (Openfire version, DB version, exact error, etc.).