Installation of ContentFilter plugin

I have Wildfire 2.4.3. upgraded from 2.4.2 from zip file, ufter starting server - ContentFilter plugin (version from Jan 9, 2005) disappeared from admin console and following error had been found in traces:

2006.01.25 12:41:36 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.jav a:354)

] Error loading plugin

java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Dangling meta character ‘’?’’ near index 0

???

^

at java.util.regex.Pattern.error(Unknown Source)

at java.util.regex.Pattern.sequence(Unknown Source)

at java.util.regex.Pattern.expr(Unknown Source)

at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Unknown Source)

at java.util.regex.Pattern.(Unknown Source)

at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.plugin.ContentFilter.setPatterns(ContentFilter.java:6 1)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.plugin.ContentFilterPlugin.changeContentFilterPattern s(ContentFilterPlugin.java:278)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.plugin.ContentFilterPlugin.initFilter(ContentFilterPl ugin.java:403)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.plugin.ContentFilterPlugin.initializePlugin(ContentFi lterPlugin.java:361)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :281)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.access$200(PluginManager.java :48)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:658)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Could anyone help me with this issue?

Hi,

Was the content filter previously installed and running before the upgrade aswell?

Not sure whats wrong but it looks like the pattern you are using for you regular expression is invalid. The contentfilter ui does not let you enter invalid patterns, but its possible that the properties used to store these was editied outside the content filter.

You can edit all the content filter properties using the server->properties menu option, or via the database. The easiest thing to do is put in the default filter values again to get it up and running.

Hope that helps,

Conor.

Yes, this plugin was installed before and worked, but after apgrading it disappeared from list of installed plugins. How can i Completely remove all settings?

I’'ve just deleted all settings and plugin became workable, Thanks

Hey guys,

I have modified the plugin to reset to its default pattern when a PatternSyntaxException occurs while starting up the plugin. This way the plugin is still able to load and admins can change the default pattern.

Conor, feel free to review the patch.

Regards,

– Gato