Installing Connection manager

I have 2 offices that I am trying to connect. Office A has a wildfire server installed and is working.

I am installing connection manager on a server in office b but i can’'t get it to load. Is Connection manager a standalone package or does wildfire need to be installed.

If wildfire needs to be installed, then how does it need to be configured?

Thanks for the help

Hi,

the connection managers runs fine as a standalone installation but they need of course a connection to a Wildfire server. Do you see errors or something similar which you can post here?

LG

The connection manager was looking for the server folder under bin.

I made a copy of the client folder and named it Server.

Connection manager loads, but I cannot tell if it is working correctly. The spark client cannot login using the connection manager, but can login directly to the wildfire server.

ok, it seems now that i am unable to connect to the server. below is part of the error.log

Any Ideas?

2007.04.18 18:47:14 [org.jivesoftware.multiplexer.ConnectionWorkerThread.createConnection(Connectio nWorkerThread.java:138)

] Error trying to connect to server: office.shgorl.com(DNS lookup: office.shgorl.com:5262)

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:519)

at org.jivesoftware.multiplexer.ConnectionWorkerThread.createConnection(Connection WorkerThread.java:134)

at org.jivesoftware.multiplexer.ConnectionWorkerThread.

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.multiplexer.ServerSurrogate.getSASLMechanisms(ServerSurrogate. java:193)

at org.jivesoftware.multiplexer.ClientSession.createSession(ClientSession.java:168 )

at org.jivesoftware.multiplexer.net.ClientStanzaHandler.createSession(ClientStanza Handler.java:45)

at org.jivesoftware.multiplexer.net.StanzaHandler.createSession(StanzaHandler.java :487)

at org.jivesoftware.multiplexer.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:107)

at org.jivesoftware.multiplexer.net.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHa ndler.java:129)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilterChain.java:703)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr otocolDecoderOutput.java:62)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:192)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :250)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:305)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 885)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Help

Well, it turned out to be a firewall issue. the port was not open

FYI when installing Connection Manager, check out the cmanager.Bat File.

It will look for a variable Java_Home. This should be a path to the JRE.

Also, under this path should be a directory called Server. If it is missing, Just copy the client Dir and name it Server.

Hi,

the JDK contains a server forlder while the JRE usually does not.

If you are running Wildfire/Openfire also on Windows you may want to use the same JRE delivered with Openfire/Wildfire which includes the server folder. The jvm.dll of the server version is much bigger than the one of the client version. It should anyhow make only a little difference if you are running the server or the client version.

LG