Installing Jive messenger with own database, then installing MSSQL

Hi,

I have oodles of experience with MS and Linux servers, but next to none with SQL. I am looking for an IM server for a client and came across Jive.

The client is question is running an MS 2003 server without any databases at present beyond Fox and DBF based programs.

The Fox and DBF are about to be superceded by a single SQL based program that will be housed on the server. The SQL will be a runtime provided by the manufacturer of the program.

My question is this:

What effect will installing Jive with it’'s own database when the other program is installed? Will it simply be a matter of setting different ports for either A or B to use?

Given that the new program will be housed in a runtime there will be no capacity to add a further database.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

TIA

Hi TIA,

What effect will installing Jive with it’'s own

database when the other program is installed?

It shouldn’'t have any.

Will it simply be a matter of setting different ports for

either A or B to use?

Because of how Messenger connects to the embedded database you won’'t have to worry about leaving certain ports open for Messenger to database communication. However, you do want to make sure you leave ports 9090/9091 for the Admin Console, and ports 5222/5223 for XMPP/Jabber traffice open.

Hope that helps,

Ryan